• 21(current)
[RELEASE] FilmAffinity (Spanish) scraper
Yeah, I just submited a (hopefully) last version until I study the adition of alpacine's covers. I think in one or two days the update will be available.
Great, alpacine has nice spaniard covers Smile

Thank you again.
Scraper updated. Enjoy Tongue
Hi, thanks for the great work!

One question, am I the only one who's not getting any trailers from hd-trailers? I've tried all the qualities and nothing. I can get trailers from filmaffinity though.

I'd like to know if this is happening to anyone else or if someone knows how to fix it or whatever is the problem.

Thanks to all!
hi, today I've wanted to update my movie database and I'm getting the following error:

"No se ha podido descargar la información.
No se puede conectar al servidor remoto
¿Desea continuar escaneando?

It happens all the time, and I can't scrape anything... any ideas?

Thanks!
@tonybecar post a log so I can now what happens (I think is a missconfiguration...)

@PatrickVogeli there must be a problem with the server, your connection or something like this. Try again later.
Hi, thanks.

After checking a bit... I seem to be having a problem with my profile. I have created a new one, have installed the scrapper again and.. it works. So here I am.. starting from scratch Tongue
@MaDDoGo, thanks for your response!

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/jynrjQ0N

Hope it's a misconfiguration! Let me know anything you may need.

I think the error is in line 577. I noticed that a few of my movies does have the trailer from hd-trailers, i'm trying to figure out the problem, I'll post a log for a movie with trailer.

Thank you!
Well I figured out what's wrong with hd-trailers.

First of all, the string that the scraper uses to parse the trailer from the website is the Original Title found in filmaffinity site. This title sometimes have like an alternative title between brackets, and this confuses the scraper because in the hd-trailers website the movie is listed without the words between the brackets. So that will result in an unexisting page.

Second, I realised that the hd-trailers page doesn't have a really big collection of trailers, so, in my case, most of the times the movie does not exist.. that will also return in an error for the scraper and you will get no trailers at all.

Before switching to the filmaffinity trailers I would suggest that:

Maybe the scraper can first parse in hd-trailers, and if it doesn't find any trailers, it could fallback in the filmaffinity trailers.

Another idea would be basically the same as filmaffinity trailers, BUT, the scraper can obtain the trailer that is in english, because I don't like translations :S. Or if the filmaffinity page provides an external trailer, go for it.

I know it seems like a lot of work.. so it'll be nice if you consider it.. for now on I'll switch to filmaffinity trailers.

Hope I made myself clear, sorry for my english and thank you again for all the good work! Cheers!
If you don't like translations, you should consider switching to another scraper, e.g. imdb
I know but then the argument and some other info would be in english. The ideal thing would be the trailer in the original language and subtitles. But such thign does not exist as far as I know.
Very nice nice work with the updates. I didn't test the whole list of scrappers but compared with those I've tested this is the best, no doubt.

Just a couple of questions if you have time to answer:

- Differences of full cast / partial cast options (from IMDB).
Are the same as they show in the web? (Cast overview VS Full cast and crew)

- Would be possible extend the results of a film search to more than 20 results?
i.e. if I want to add "Batman" (1989) I must to find a way for typing the search string (as "Batman Tim Burton") because it shows only the first 20 results and no one is the film itself.
janderclander Wrote:- Would be possible extend the results of a film search to more than 20 results?
i.e. if I want to add "Batman" (1989) I must to find a way for typing the search string (as "Batman Tim Burton") because it shows only the first 20 results and no one is the film itself.

There is a workarround for this, use NFO files to tell XBMC exactly what film is.
Take a look in the wiki to see how the nfo files works.
Hi,

It seems that there is problem with latest version. When trying to get info from the film "John Q." it doesn't find the right result.
@fidobot, let me see the log and then I'll try to figure out what's happening.

@janderclander: The worst thing about filmaffinity is the search engine. I don't know how is done but it works in a strange way. For example, to search batman of tim burton you have to search for tim burton. If not, it doesn't found it. The only way of changing it is to change the way the scraper searches for the movie.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] FilmAffinity (Spanish) scraper2