• 3(current)
[RELEASE] FilmAffinity (Spanish) scraper
The official/standard version of the FilmAffinity scraper produces Spanish language results. There's nothing wrong with that but the FilmAffinity website does offer an English language option and this maybe useful for some people.

As part of an effort to learn how to construct a Scraper, I have made a start at converting the Spanish version to access the English language version.

While the main difference is changing the country/language code in the URLs from es for Espagne to en for English the section that deals with actually scrapping the results also needs changing to look for different keywords. I have made a start on that as well but it still needs additional work.

As currently my knowledge of scrapers is limited I am hoping others here may assist in finishing it.

My initial version can be downloaded here http://homepage.mac.com/jelockwood/.Publ...nityen.zip
if changing the language code is the only change needed, you should do it as a scraper setting. add the valid values to a spinner setting, you can see the tvdb scraper for how that is done (dont mind the extra complication of grabbing the valid line online). then you just replace the language code with $INFO[language] (if you called the setting language).
spiff Wrote:if changing the language code is the only change needed, you should do it as a scraper setting. add the valid values to a spinner setting, you can see the tvdb scraper for how that is done (dont mind the extra complication of grabbing the valid line online). then you just replace the language code with $INFO[language] (if you called the setting language).

While the main change is es vs en in URLs, the text labelling the fields also changes from Spanish to English meaning the regex code to match fields needs modifying as well. I have now managed to get all but two of the available working fields, there are some fields not listed on the English version one of which is the plot (so nothing can be done about that). The two fields not working, Writer and Duration, should work and I cannot see why.

Even the cast list, movie rating and movie thumbnail works.

I will upload my latest effort tonight to the same URL as per my previous message in this thread.

For your information, the English search result I have been testing against is at http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film699914.html and the Spanish version is of course http://www.filmaffinity.com/es/film699914.html
Hi spiff, filmaffinity web, has a link to trailers of the movies, but this trailers are in youtube.

It is possibly to put as an url for the trailer a link to a youtube video?
I had try with same differents ways of youtube urls and xbmc don't show the videos.

Do you know how to put for example this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/v/sQf8kP1dzPU

Thanks!
HectorziN
i do not know, i suggest you look at one of the youtube plugins/scripts
I did it.

The scraper now downloads actors thumbnails and also have a link for youtube trailers.

I have tried to upload the new xml scraper but Sourceforge has changed and I cannot find a way to do it. I don't know if I must to be a member in xbmc or something like that, but I cannot do it.

How can i submit this change?

thanks!
HectorziN
xbmc.org/trac is our new tracker
But can I submit a file without the use of any software?
I think it needs a software to upload files, right?

thanks
HectorziN
no software required. create a new ticket, tick 'i have files to attach to this ticket'
How can I create a ticket? I only see an option to view tickets, not create.

Should I be registered to do this? I cannot see a link to register, only one to login.

Thanks
HectorziN
you login using your forum credentials.

the there's a 'new ticket' in the upper right hand corner.
OK, I got it.

I submited the patch.
the only pendent issue the scraper has is that I don't know how to set the searchstringencoding

I included SearchStringEncoding="ISO 8859-1" but it don't work.
The page I am scraping is this one:

http://www.filmaffinity.com/es/search.php?stext=cariño

But the result is blank because the ñ
What is the format I shoudl use for the encoding?
I have tried a lot:
ISO8859-1
ISO-8859-1
etc.
but no one works.

Thanks
HectorziN
Hello HectorziN,

I'm trying to use your scraper but it has no config options in XBMC. I wan't to know how can i use it to manually search my movies, because sometimes it retrieves the wrong title. Also the posters quality is a bit low, can u enhace this scraper to get the covers from another source?

A bit offtopic; it's possible to use multiple sources (aka multiple scrapers) in XBMC?? For example if a movie is not found using one scraper, then use another, etc..

Many thanks in advance, kind regards,
fidoboy Wrote:Hello HectorziN,

I'm trying to use your scraper but it has no config options in XBMC. I wan't to know how can i use it to manually search my movies, because sometimes it retrieves the wrong title. Also the posters quality is a bit low, can u enhace this scraper to get the covers from another source?

A bit offtopic; it's possible to use multiple sources (aka multiple scrapers) in XBMC?? For example if a movie is not found using one scraper, then use another, etc..

Many thanks in advance, kind regards,

The config options are in the latest version, and it is not included yet in the last t3ch compilation.

The posters quality is low, but there is no way to use a poster from another address without a link in FilmAffinity web page.

It could be possibly to look the poster in imdb, but with the risk of getting a different movie, because the search in imdb could return more than one result.

when the search find a wrong result there is an option in the bottom of the window where you can set the name to search manually

I think is not possible having multiple sources. without changing set content option two times, of course.
HectorziN
Smile 
Thanks for the answer HectorziN, where can i download the latest version of your scraper?? Also, i can't see that option at the window bottom, what theme are u using? i'm using MediaStream and can't see such option... :S

regards
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] FilmAffinity (Spanish) scraper2