• 26(current)
[RELEASE] FilmAffinity (Spanish) scraper
Hi, FA scraper doesnt work well since this mourning.
The problem seems to be with the IMDB and other resources like "Actors with rol (IMDB)" and "FanArt".
Its happens in both Dharma and Eden.
Someone could fix it?
Thanks a lot.
(2012-01-11, 19:53)pancheto Wrote: I've just addressed this problem (the extra spaces coming from FilmAffinity) on github. I'm sure that it'll soon be commited on the master branch, and then commited on the official XBMC repository.

Sorry, I've missed this post for a long time.

Thank you very much for your change. I'll try the latest FA scrapper with my movies.

(2012-03-28, 09:52)pancheto Wrote: the main idea behind the FA scraper is indeed to search in FA. although the scraper tries to enrich those search results with information from other sources (such as IMDB), the way to locate an entry on FA can only be done by its spanish title (logical, since this is a spanish community) or by its original title. I know agjacome is working on a way to leave the original title stored on XBMC db instead of the spanish one, but I don't think looking for other title language should be the aim for FA scraper.

I understand your point of view, but the FA scraper serves to ALL the spanish speaking audience. And thus so, movie titles are diferent in many regions. What I'm asking, if it's not too much trouble is at least to have an option to choose the title.. besides the scraper already connects to imdb.. And I think it should be easier, because IMDB automatically shows the title of my country because it figures it out with my ip, so, when the scraper scrapes imdb, it will be looking at the title that is right for my country.. Maybe the option could be something like "Show movie title based on your region", and what it does is to scrape the imdb main title, as it automatically will appear translated, in a few words, fetch the imdb title.. I would like to see it implemented if it is not too much trouble..
Is it working fine this script for you guys? Since Eden release always shows me a message than can't connect in order to scrap the new movies found Sad
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2012-04-01, 07:50)tonybeccar Wrote: I understand your point of view, but the FA scraper serves to ALL the spanish speaking audience. And thus so, movie titles are diferent in many regions. What I'm asking, if it's not too much trouble is at least to have an option to choose the title.. besides the scraper already connects to imdb.. And I think it should be easier, because IMDB automatically shows the title of my country because it figures it out with my ip, so, when the scraper scrapes imdb, it will be looking at the title that is right for my country.. Maybe the option could be something like "Show movie title based on your region", and what it does is to scrape the imdb main title, as it automatically will appear translated, in a few words, fetch the imdb title.. I would like to see it implemented if it is not too much trouble..
what you are asking for is for a combination of scrapers, which in essence is a good idea, although not very easy to implement: you are suggesting to do a first search on a larger database, and then go with the result (assuming unique, which is not always the case) to FA and perform the FA query. any movie scraper works almost in the same way: it first checks for the main entry in the main database (usually by title only), and then IF IT'S FOUND it queries other databases for data completion/enrichment. since this is the FA scraper, the main database it uses is FA, and the titles stored in it are only the Spanish and the original version, not any others. so if you want to use the FA scraper you will have to stick to FA's restrictions.
I understand your concern, since there are a few things I have locally which aren't found on FA although IMDB has them (I truly can live with these ~5% of my local items). unfortunately there's no way on XBMC to search 2 different databases and filling your local database with one information or the other by prioritizing them or depending on whether you find information in one or on the other database. if what you look for is always found on IMDB, then you should use IMDB as your main database, hence the IMDB scraper should be the one you should use, and if you want to add FA information then you'll have to ask the IMDB programmers (or program it yourself) to include a FA enrichment function.

(2012-04-22, 12:53)Ovokx Wrote: Is it working fine this script for you guys? Since Eden release always shows me a message than can't connect in order to scrap the new movies found Sad
I have seen a couple of "network error" messages lately, but the scrapper does work fine most of the times, so I'm pretty sure it's a matter of a particular query that is not being able to perform punctually. if the problem persists you will have to debug it, and seeing that debug log we would ultimately be able to help you solve it.
Why can't this scraper be uninstalled/deactivated? Is there a manual way to do it?

I don't know why but after I erased my film DB in order to switch scrapers (from FilmAffinity to IMDb) I get duplicated results from both sites even when I choose the IMDb scraper. Is because of this that I want to uninstall FilmAfinity scraper, but the option isn't available I don't know why.
you should always be able to remove any addon from the XBMC addons manager. the scrapper does not contain any kind of code that would remove this general possibility. in case you are not able to remove it through XBMC, you can always do it manually by going to the XBMC local folder (on Windows 7 this is under %APPDATA%\XBMC) and delete manually the metadata.filmaffinity.com subfolder from the main addons folder.

as a side note, let me tell you that the issue you're having should not be related with the FA scraper, but with XBMC itself. if you choose one or other scraper is a choice of yours, but if you get duplicated results I'm almost sure that the reason behind it is not that XBMC is using both scrapers, but that the database hasn't been properly erased previously.
Hi, I use Eden and when I select "Ajustes" with filmaffinity scraper, it doesnt work, the menu dont show any titles.
Somebody could help me? Thanks in advance.
Bye.
[EDIT] Cast and Fan-Art dont work since today.
(2012-11-29, 00:23)GerarLM Wrote: Hi, I use Eden and when I select "Ajustes" with filmaffinity scraper, it doesnt work, the menu dont show any titles.
Somebody could help me? Thanks in advance.
Bye.
the titles removal is a known issue with the new translations system. is has been already reported, solved internally, and requested to be updated in the central repository, as you may see in this spanish discussion about the scraper on xbmcspain.com

(2012-11-29, 00:23)GerarLM Wrote: [EDIT] Cast and Fan-Art dont work since today.
FA may have modified the code to report this information. the scraper will have to adapt to those changes in the next version.
(2012-11-29, 00:23)GerarLM Wrote: [EDIT] Cast and Fan-Art dont work since today.
I'm now able to confirm that this was due to recent changes on the IMDB site. I've revised the FA scraper code that was obtaining the IMDBid and I've created the appropriate pull request on github in order to have this issue solved as soon as the change is approved.
Is there any way to block this scraper auto updates ?
Since version 1.4.5 it works horrible for me. A lot of failures finding filmes (so common one), constant messages saying that cant connect to source.... And this old version worked for me, but when I install it, the next time I launch XBMC updates to recent one.
this is probably due to the recent changes in IMDB. version 1.5.2 (released a couple of days ago) has addressed these issues, so feel confident using it. it has been largely tested, and it'll be improved whenever any slight error could appear.

I wouldn't recommend forcing it not to update, but the only way I can think of is modifying the addon.xml file and writing a large fake version number, such as 8.0.0, and it won't update until the scraper reaches such version.
Umm nice idea... probably will test. I'll probably keep looking updates on Filmaffinity scraper, but rigth now I'm using TMDB.

Thanks !

Muchas gracias Pancheto y felices fiestas!
version 1.5.5 is not working
the filmaffinity website has changed. the scraper will have to follow these updates. be patient.

EDIT: I've just updated the github repo that holds the scraper. I'm sure it'll soon be officially updated in the XBMC repo.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] FilmAffinity (Spanish) scraper2