Cannot Remove Items From Video Library
I am using Kodi 15.2 on a Fire TV Stick.

I suppose when I removed the Video Library source I should have also removed its library data along with it, this problem could have been avoided.

I have items in my Video Library that Kodi cannot access, and no way to remove them (besides removing them manually one at a time or a fresh install). I added the video files to my library by navigating to Videos/Files/Files/Add Source. Once I selected the Add Source I navigated to a Windows SMB share folder that contained my video files on an external usb hdd connected to my PC. The problem started when Windows 7 assigned a new drive letter to my usb hdd for whatever reason. So I then had a video library source that couldn't connect to the server. So I proceeded to remove the source, but when the option to remove the data I selected "no". Just to clarify, from the main menu I go to Videos/Files/Files and this is where the source was before I removed it. From the main menu I select Movies and it lists all my video files, which are not accessible because I deleted the source. Next I add another source to the same usb hdd folder via SMB share with a different drive letter, now when I look in Movies from the main menu I see all my video files listed twice, but only one file will play and the duplicate will not play. Next I removed the newly created video library source (selected "yes" to remove the library data) so the library would only display one of each video file, which would be the non working video files from the original source that I previously deleted. I downloaded the Maintenance Tool and cleared the cache, and also cleared the cache from the FireTV Stick setting and this has no effect on my video library item that I cannot access. I even tried using ES File Explorer to find the library data with no luck.
Have you cleaned the library in the advanced video settings?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2015-12-30, 18:26)Dangelus Wrote: Have you cleaned the library in the advanced video settings?

Thanks, that appears to have worked. I don't see anything after I did that, the movies category is gone so I would assume that it worked.
Also, most Remote Apps like Kore or Yatse have a "Clear video library" next to "Rescan video library" which will remove any entries, which do not exist (any more).
(2015-12-30, 18:52)wweich Wrote: Also, most Remote Apps like Kore or Yatse have a "Clear video library" next to "Rescan video library" which will remove any entries, which do not exist (any more).

which app is better? right now I just have an app that mimics the FTV remote.
Both have advantages over the other. Kore is more lean, while Yatse has more settings and more functions (with addon apps).
Thanks, I'll try both of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Remove Items From Video Library0