Way to Transfer Bookmarks Between Different Files of same TV ep or Movie
Question 
I often create bookmarks for my videos, but then when I get a higher quality version of the TV episode or movie I would like to copy the bookmarks to that new file. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.
Anybody?
Not that i know of but a thorough search of the wiki may help?
Well the wiki entry on bookmarks is pretty barebones and doesn't have any information about editing bookmarks. The databases entry (http://kodi.wiki/view/Databases#bookmark) has some info about the bookmarks but I don't have much experience with SQL...
I actually did just this with full season of a show, though this was with chapters and not kodi bookmarks, it took some time since it's one episode at a time. What I did was to use mkvtoolnix, more specifically the chapter creator part.

I took the first episode (if this is a special episode take the next) write down the timecode when a new chapter starts, you might be able to find this online, if it's not clear in the show you want work with.
In the chapter creator you can specify start and end of each chapter, you don't need to specify end. You can also add name and language for each chapter.
When you have added all the chapters for the first episode you save it as a chapter file. I don't remember what filetype that is. When that file is saved you can write it to your mkv file from the drop down menu. If your video file is an mkv you can just use mkvtoolnix to put it in a mkv container.

With the next episode you can just use the same chapter file you created for episode one.
I haven't found any way to access the bookmarks in Kodi, except by using an SQLite browser tool to actually look at the database outside of Kodi. I don't see any way to use JSON or Kodi Python scripting to get the bookmarks. Even within Kodi the only way to access the bookmarks is to play the video first. I would like a new feature that would allow a JSON call to retrieve the bookmarks and the bookmark thumbs by DBID. Then for example you could setup the video library views to show the bookmarks for movies, as it currently is for tv show episode bookmarks (though episode bookmarks only use a single per-file thumb, not the bookmark thumb in library view). As it is you only have access to the resume point bookmark or episode bookmarks, not other user created bookmarks.

scott s.
SQL browsers are pretty easy to pick up just takes reading, threre are many free ones available and thousands of pages of documentation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way to Transfer Bookmarks Between Different Files of same TV ep or Movie0