• 13(current)
[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer
(2016-03-25, 19:40)danjames92 Wrote: Interesting read. Any plans to share the backport of V17 audio engine you created with Koying to implement in SPMC?

What? You're missing the point here.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-03-25, 19:40)danjames92 Wrote: Interesting read. Any plans to share the backport of V17 audio engine you created with Koying to implement in SPMC?

Already done in upcoming MrMC fork, Jarvis based with AE/17 along with player support for new sync methods. Seems very stable. Not released yet but very close.

If SPMC want to pick it up, it will be there when we push source code public.

But, there is one compatibility issue that is not really a problem if you think about it. A few AE defines were changed in AE/17 that propagate down into binary-addons. The binary-addons were always built as part of the app distribution, at least for embedded. Darwin releases always included them. I think Android does the same thing, I'd have to poke into jenkins to see what it does. Linux desktop might be the exception but hey, this is not linux desktop so who cares Smile

MrMC builds and includes them for each release. So I don't really see this as a showstopper as there is never a version/sync issue. What is there in binary-addons will always match core code.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-03-25, 19:53)Martijn Wrote:

What? You're missing the point here.

Not sure how I'm missing the point. Might not be related to Koying leaving but having V17 AE on Jarvis based builds is a interesting concept for SHIELD users, particularly as refresh rate switching might work properly unlike it does right now in the 17 pre-alphas.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
To be honest guys. Before backporting some thousand lines of code, fixing the refreshrate switching issue (probably 10 lines of code) should be preferred. For MrMc it's the other way round - AE 16 Jarvis is missing important features, especially passthrough features, like sending IEC pause frames. Those are plain zeros in v16 and are evil, they cause blips and so on. If engine runs dry non IEC packages are sent ...

Btw. backporting AE 17 to Jarvis and releasing android would be "funny" at least, cause that would remove _all_ the code in koying's PT builds ... but yeah - as said 100 thousand times now and 4 months ago: AE 16 is a dead end and everything PT related in there is deemed to die, AE 17 is the way to go and that's why MrMc did not hack around the v16 codebase, but rather directly "backported" the fixed code path from upstream (us).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'd make a comment but fernet would just ban me or move this thread to garbage/trash again Smile
(2016-03-26, 00:43)MrMC Wrote: I'd make a comment but fernet would just ban me or move this thread to garbage/trash again Smile

I don't think so. But we are getting off topic anyways.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-03-25, 21:58)MrMC Wrote: Already done in upcoming MrMC fork, Jarvis based with AE/17 along with player support for new sync methods. Seems very stable. Not released yet but very close.

Source code for MrMC 2.0.0 with AE/17 and player mods has been pushed public. Enjoy and sorry Memphiz, we tried to keep commits sane for backports but it got crazy near the end.
(2016-03-30, 19:03)MrMC Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 21:58)MrMC Wrote: Already done in upcoming MrMC fork, Jarvis based with AE/17 along with player support for new sync methods. Seems very stable. Not released yet but very close.

Source code for MrMC 2.0.0 with AE/17 and player mods has been pushed public. Enjoy and sorry Memphiz, we tried to keep commits sane for backports but it got crazy near the end.

I believe this is only for Apple (according to your website) or am I wrong...?
(2016-03-31, 13:39)cyber7 Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 19:03)MrMC Wrote:

I believe this is only for Apple (according to your website) or am I wrong...?

The source code can be used to build for any device.
But it has Apple device specific tweaks and optimizations and also no addon support.
So you can perhaps merge the commits you want eg. the AE/17 pass-through and merge it into an Andorid specific branch for example but will need to adjust a lot of code to stop compile errors.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer3