uTorrent Download Complete Notification Script
Well I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. But I just finished a vb script to send a notification to the xbox when a torrent has finished downloading. (You run this in a PC)

If you find it useful cool. If not, then you can modify it to your liking. The Code is really ugly and messy (hey it took me 20 minutes).

Dos OutPut:
sucess:"the.colbert.report.2007.03.22.dsr.xvid-2sd.[VTV].avi" download finished
sucess:"the.colbert.report.2007.03.21.dsr.xvid-2sd.[VTV].avi" download finished
sucess:"PHP.By.Example.eBooK.-PiRaTeZ" download finished

Xbox Output:
Is the same as above but sent via the HTTPAPI -->XBMC.Notification.

Requirements:
Latest uTorrent with WebUI (make this is working before trying this script)
XBMC with Web Server Enabled

What you need to change:
Open the script with Notepad and modify anything below that says CHANGEME.

Download Here:

The script is very simpe and basic I have it set on schedule to run every 30 minutes.

I dont know why the Time to display the notification aint working with XMBC.

You can modify to your heart's content and if you have a better version please share it. I hope in the future somebody writes a plugin for uTorrent. I didn't bother compiling the code as it was so damn small.
Nice i will try this
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
what sort of plugin do you mean "ppan76". I recently released a python script that controls uTorrent from XBMC. It can be downloaded from my sig.
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
Yes I am aware of the script and I like it a lot and use it as well. I was just lazy to have to launch the script everytime to check the status of the torrents.

My script will just send me a notification whenever a torrent is finished from a computer. So for example if I am watching a movie, I dont have to exit the movie to launch the python script and then resume the movie.

What I meant by a uTorrent plugin was it would be nice to be able to launch a command or script when a torrent is finished downloading. Like trapping the notification that uTorrent sents when something finishes downloading.

My scripts fails in that the notification goes away. I would love XBMC to have a message/log queue. Where we can mark messaged viewed, delete, new, etc. But thats another story.

chunk_1970 Wrote:what sort of plugin do you mean "ppan76". I recently released a python script that controls uTorrent from XBMC. It can be downloaded from my sig.
The Azureus equivalent of this can be found here: http://asteron.projects.googlepages.com/...tification
moved to correct subforum (which is Python development not regular development subforum)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well his script is in VB... my related plugin is in Java... really this is just one of those random things that doesnt belong in any place nicely.
d'oh Smile well true then. a homeless script, hehe
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Asteron Wrote:The Azureus equivalent of this can be found here: http://asteron.projects.googlepages.com/...tification

I love this plugin for Azureus, but I don't use Azureus any more for torrents. I'm using uTorrent.

Is this uTorrent script similar? Like as soon as a download completes in utorrent, there will be a popup on XBMC?

btw, the download link for the script in the first post is dead. Can someone upload it again?
I figured out how to do this globally via "set and forget" method.

Very convenient and running like a charm with no additional memory overhead:
http://htpcguide.info/index.php?option=c...&Itemid=55
steppedup Wrote:I figured out how to do this globally via "set and forget" method.

Very convenient and running like a charm with no additional memory overhead:
http://htpcguide.info/index.php?option=c...&Itemid=55

thx
Can anyone post a link for this .. one in first post wont work
please can anyone post a link to this software !!!
mirror please

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uTorrent Download Complete Notification Script0