Support multi-disc films in library
The subject says it all, for Kodi to support films that have multiple discs, e.g.
.../movies/Film A/Disc 1/VIDEO_TS/
.../movies/Film A/Disc 2/VIDEO_TS/

Thanks for the great work!
Already implemented:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...tacking.29

Following your example, you'll have to rename your folders like this:
.../movies/Film A DVD1/VIDEO_TS/
.../movies/Film A DVD2/VIDEO_TS/
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Does that actually work as advertized? I tried in many different ways without much success. Also when I made this same feature request for Tiny Media Manager the response was that it might be included in future release but as Kodi didn't support it yet it was not top priority.
Did you try it?

You'll need to follow the naming-rules.

Maybe you'll put a dot into your folder name, smthg like .../movie/Film A.DVD1/VIDEO_TS/...

Works for me.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Yes, I tried. I renamed one multi-disc movie to the format
.../movies/Film A Disc1/VIDEO_TS/
.../movies/Film A Disc2/VIDEO_TS/
I had the option 'Combined split video items' enabled.
I did clean video library in Kodi

What I get in the movie library in Kodi after that is two instances of Film A and no way of telling which is disc one and which disc two Sad

That's not what I consider proper support for multi-disc movies.
Beats me...

Can you try to explicitly use Advancedsettings.xml#folderstacking (wiki)?

Maybe that'll help...

Btw: which Kodi version do you use?
Bye,
Fry
I'm running 15.2 on Kodibuntu.

Btw, exactly how would a multi-disc movie show up and behave in the library if everything was working as planned?
It would show up as a single entry, from its 'i'nformation you would see a path beginning with 'stack://...'.

As I learned, this will only work for movies and not for TV shows, but it does work as intended for me (concerning movies) running v15.2 - although I always have ISOs instead of VIDEO_TS-folders from my disks, so I really do filestacking instead of folderstacking...

Were you able to try that folderstacking-'hack'?
Bye,
Fry
I placed the following in advancedsettings.xml

<folderstacking>
<!-- <cd/dvd/disk/disc> <0-N> -->
<regexp>((cd|dvd|dis[ck])[0-9]+)$</regexp>
</folderstacking>

Rebooted and cleaned library, but it didn't make any difference. Tried also to rename Disc to disc in folder name, same thing.
Do you have it this way?
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <folderstacking>
   </folderstacking>
</advancedsettings>

Maybe you can provide a debug_log (wiki) when scraping your given folders after a cleanup...
Bye,
Fry
Thanks for the suggestions

This is what my .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml looks like

<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
<cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
<samba>
<clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
</samba>
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
<folderstacking>
<!-- <cd/dvd/disk/disc> <0-N> -->
</folderstacking>
</advancedsettings>

I set Kodi to debug and this is what it outputted when I did a clean library

NOTICE: CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnCleanStarted from xbmc
DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnCleanStarted
DEBUG: DialogProgress::StartModal called
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so.1)
DEBUG: Loading: libnfs.so.1
DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
DEBUG: Previous line repeats 13 times.
DEBUG: Previous line repeats 7 times.
DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
NOTICE: ES: Client from 192.168.1.107 timed out
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning paths that don't exist and have content set...
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning tvshow table
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning path table
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning genre table
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning country table
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning actor table of actors, directors and writers
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning studio table
DEBUG: CleanDatabase: Cleaning set table
NOTICE: CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 01:52

Nothing special to my eye.

One thought that came to mind though - does folder stacking require write access? Because the nfs share that I have the movies on is read-only.
(2016-01-10, 11:26)Deriv Wrote: (...) One thought that came to mind though - does folder stacking require write access? Because the nfs share that I have the movies on is read-only. (...)

I don't think so as Kodi would only need write access if it would have been configured to be able to alter or delete your content - anything else should be handled inside it's own database.

Concerning your log, I wanted you to get a debug-log of your Kodi scraping those folders that won't stack, could you do this? Because right now I'm out of ideas. Sad
Bye,
Fry
It's been a while, but now that I updated to version 16 I thought to test this again. This is what I get when I do an 'Update video library'

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc1/' as not in the database
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: /path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc1/movie.nfo
DEBUG: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
INFO: easy_aquire - Created session to http://image.tmdb.org
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to movies:/path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc1/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
DEBUG: CCurlFile::GetMimeType - http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/yuCEEI3oj...1NDo5B.jpg -> image/jpeg
DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x7fc4e8060840) http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/yuCEEI3oj...1NDo5B.jpg
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnUpdate from xbmc
DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnUpdate
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Finished adding information from dir /path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc1/
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc2/' as not in the database
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: /path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc2/movie.nfo
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to movies:/path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc2/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
DEBUG: Caching image 'http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/yuCEEI3oj1liLoH36fbbO1NDo5B.jpg' to '6/6eacc2df.jpg':
DEBUG: cached image 'special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/6/6eacc2df.jpg' size 480x720
DEBUG: Creating DDS version of: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/6/6eacc2df.jpg
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnUpdate from xbmc
DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnUpdate
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Finished adding information from dir /path/Films/Ace in the Hole disc2/

The film shows up as two instances and no way of knowing which is disc 1 and which is disc 2.

I also noticed this bug ticket
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16012

I guess this is rather a bug fix request than a feature request
(2016-01-05, 19:57)Fry7 Wrote: It would show up as a single entry, from its 'i'nformation you would see a path beginning with 'stack://...'.

As I learned, this will only work for movies and not for TV shows, but it does work as intended for me (concerning movies) running v15.2 - although I always have ISOs instead of VIDEO_TS-folders from my disks, so I really do filestacking instead of folderstacking...

Were you able to try that folderstacking-'hack'?

I know this is a really old post, however I have completely failed to get this working for ISO files, at the end of part 1, it just goes to the dvd menu, and doesn't start part 2.
I then thought ISOs don't work, so moved to VIDEO_TS, however then it doesn't even recognise that there's multiple parts

Do you still have this working?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support multi-disc films in library0