MSI Cubi-W3205U if possible with stable Openelec or NVIDIA Shield TV
Question 
Hello together,

hope someone can help to deside which Box to buy.
Initially I was thinking about the NVIDIA Shield, but as far as I found out, the deinterlacing (1080i h264) on the Shield is not as good as on the Chromeboxes. Maybe that changed after all those Firmware updates, but still noone was able to tell me what method is used with the Shield.

So I'm thinking to buy a Chromebox or similar box. And I found the MSI Cubi-W3205U.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Celeron 3205U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
RAM: 2GB RAM
HDD: 32 GB SSD

With this box I'm not sure if it will work with the current stable Openelec Release? I know about the EGL Builds from fritsh here, but I don't know how stable they are.

My needs for a Media Center are:
  • Stable Kodi usage
  • Rich video format support (just stereo audio, no 3D or HD Audio passthrough)
  • Speed in navigation within Kodi, even with large Skns and a large library.
  • Verry good Hardware deinterlacing for 1080i h264 Live TV Streams from tvheadend
  • Fast responding and simple Remote Control
  • Refresh rate switching based on Video for smooth 23,976 video playback.
  • Gigabit ethernet
  • Amazon Prime Video Support (gave up on that, as all the requirements above rule out any possible boxes, so not that important.)

Please help me to deside which Box to get.

Thanks
Vlaves
having had both, there's no difference between the ChromeBox (2955U) and Cubi 3205U in terms of Kodi performance or capability. Both work perfectly fine with OE 6.0.0. Both work better with the EGL version of OE 6.0, which is equally as stable as the standard release.
Thanks so much for helping me deside Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSI Cubi-W3205U if possible with stable Openelec or NVIDIA Shield TV0