Suggestions for the video layout in PMIII skin (List 2 and Medium List)
I love all the new view modes in PM3. The one thing I think would be even better though is to change up the way "List 2" looks so it is more like how it is in the Apple Movie Trailers python script. Something like this:

Also, one more addition that would be cool is a "Medium List" view. It could fit one more movie on the screen than Big List but still give you a decent sized thumbnail and detailed information:

(I'm not sure if I should have posted this here or in the skinning section, but since it is just a suggestion, I went with this forum.)
1st one I will think about although it looks good in 720p in 4x3 it leaves very little room for the list text
2nd I've pretty much run out of view types I can add to that section I only get 10 per section back when we decided to allow more view types I thought 10 would be enough but its seaming more limited as time goes on Smile
I really like the first suggestion, just to throw in my two cents.
DITTO... List 2 is great. Maybe call it Cover List?
I'd definitely use this one... expecially using the tilted 3D covers!
One suggestion... have the option to not show the Description and put some brienf info under the cover: Rating, etc... this will allow the list to be as long as possible for those with a ton of videos. to get the 'list' the full length and try to

Side Note:
DVD view looks great but takes too long to scroll though a ton of videos so it is not practicle for daily use.

LaTropa64,
Where did you get the gray background with the film strip? Can you share that and others you may have? Looks great!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Ok Ive had a play and changed the "Media Info" view to suit because I like it better now that I see it, so here are the shots of what it looks like
P.S its in svn now

16x9 (720p)

Movie Image TV Image

4x3

Movie Image TV Image
Jezz... looks great. Any chance we can get a "less wordy" version for those that already know what the video is about (and want to fit more of the list on the screen at once)?
I dunno, myself I prefer it as complete as possible... the whole point of that particular view would (at least to me) be so that I wouldnt have to goto the info screen Wink
I think it is PERFECT! I will be using that view when it comes out. Right now I use the wide icons but I would change for this. LOOKS FANTASTIC! Great work.

J_K_M_A_N
I love it! cannot wait for the next build. Jezz_X, why can we not select a default folder for the library views? I want to default to my movie folder and then bookmark my tv shows folder. I can only do this in fileview. Or better yet, why can we not access the database from filesview? from the main screen, I want to go directly to titleview to show all my movies in that folder. is there a way to do this?
HarshReality Wrote:I dunno, myself I prefer it as complete as possible... the whole point of that particular view would (at least to me) be so that I wouldnt have to goto the info screen Wink

I'm not asking to eliminate the current one... just to have another variant without the description
Could it possibly be made adjustable instead of having different views just one "List 2" and you can specify how many titles per screen you want.
gzusrawx Wrote:Could it possibly be made adjustable instead of having different views just one "List 2" and you can specify how many titles per screen you want.

No not possible
HarshReality Wrote:I dunno, myself I prefer it as complete as possible... the whole point of that particular view would (at least to me) be so that I wouldnt have to goto the info screen Wink
Yeah, it looks great the way it is. Awesome job. I can't wait for the next T3CH build. I might even have to finally learn how to build these myself so I don't have to wait. Smile

The one thing that I would like different is switching out the IMDB rating at the bottom (on the end of the same line as Genre info) with the MPAA rating. That probably isn't practical though because I know the MPAA info has a lot more than just R/PG-13/PG/G in it and also isn't something most people outside the U.S. are interested in anyways.
Affini Wrote:LaTropa64,
Where did you get the gray background with the film strip? Can you share that and others you may have? Looks great!
I just hacked that mockup together with Photoshop. I cut most of the view straight from the apple movie trailers python script that comes with the T3CH builds. I think the way Jezz ended up making it though looks great. The film strip isn't really needed... it would probably make things a little too busy. You can find it though in a T3CH build in "XBMC/scripts/Apple Movie Trailers/extras/skins/Default/gfx".
Lightbulb 
Jezz,
I'm asking you to consider creating an interface for TV Shows like this...

view examples:

All Seasons & Episodes

"bart goes crazy" season 1 - episode 1
"homer drinks lots of beer" season 1 - episode 2
"this is the episode title" season 2 - episode 1

Season Episode Guide with icons

SEASON 16
Tree House of Horror XVI Image

Goal
Listing of TV Shows in several views that allows for easy navigation of shows by 'season' and 'episode'.

Navigation is not just by "number" but also allows titling of episodes by "title". thus allowing views to include: banner, individual episode icons, etc with the episode "title" and "number" and the season number in the view(s).

This would allow for sorting via any of the variables: episode number, episode title, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions for the video layout in PMIII skin (List 2 and Medium List)1