The list of channels did become very long and a lot of scrolling was required to find channels, even if you would disable channels you do not use. Now each channel has a category and the main channel listing has been replaced by a category listing which can be used to go to a list of channels for that category. If you don't like this feature, then you can disable it via the add-on settings (under Channels).
And last but not least a new name: XBMC Online TV. If you want to know why, please visit this Building XOT blog post.
Changelog v3.4.0 - 2013-11-26
- Renamed: XOT-Uzg.v3 to XBMC Online TV
- Changed: User HttpProxy parameter for URLs
- Added: HttpProxy parameter to XBMC Streams (needs a XBMC change first to allow '|HttpProxy=')
- Added: Don't use HTTP proxy for non-HTTP scheme
- Fixed: No proxy for HTTPS as it is not supported by urllib2
- Added: Filter urls that use proxy
- Changed: Select a proxy from the channel overview
- Changed: Settings layout a bit
- Updated: UriHandler for proxy logging
- Added: Proxy to all channels
- Added: Retrieve proxy info for channels
- Added: Proxy settings
- Added: Channel Categories and a Channel Category View
- Updated: Configuration options
- Changed: Moved some settings around
- Changed: Channel enable/disable redesigned
- Changed: Code cleanup of various files
- Fixed: don't set date on XBMC ListItem if not present
- Fixed: Proxy settings via XBMC.RunPlugin
- Changed: replaced some print statements with xbmc.log
- Changed: JSON Helper should be able to handle empty string
- Fixed: Bump the xbmc.python version to 2.1.0 to be Gotham compatible.
- Fixed: do initial actions based in Session only (Issue 478)
- Fixed: AMT Regex no longer matches (Issue 484)
- Fixed: Ere Divisie Live (Issue 480)
- Fixed: Net5, SBS6 and Veronica did not show the title of the show (Issue 482).
- Added: Omroep Brabant
- Changed: Omroep Gelderland uses the new channel
- Added: Omroep West
- Added: Omroep Zeeland
- Added: Omrop Fryslân
- Added: RTV Oost
- Added: RTV Noord
- Added: RTV Noord Holland
- Added: RTV Rijnmond
- Added: RTV Utrecht
- Added: RTV Drenthe
- Fixed: SVT change their URL scheme to Swedish
- Changed: Oppet Arkiv now uses Ajax pages
- Fixed: do not cache the NOS Token URL (Issue 475)
- Fixed: Regex update URPlay (Issue 477)
Information on how to install this addon/script/plugin can be found on the installation page.
If you encounter any issues, please let me know using the Issue List on the GoogleCode page of XOT (http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/issues/list). Please attach a complete logfile (xot.log or xotplugin.log).
RTL & DRM
RTL is using DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection on most popular programs. This is not supported by XBMC. If you try to play such a stream, it will result in a black screen with garbled images and the constant caching of the stream. I cannot fix this from within the addon. There is however a iRTL channel available in XOT-Uzg.v3 that has most of the recent programs without DRM.
The new version can be downloaded from the XOT site: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/downloads/.
Thanks to the owner of hamans.com for giving me free bandwidth and Jetbrains for providing me with a license to PyCharm Community Edition.
-=== Older Changelogs ===-
More Changelogs can be found at http://www.rieter.net/content/category/xot/changelog/