• 97(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2014-05-24, 13:35)Skank Wrote: Just tried this.Pitty its more like a "just missed" tv featuring fragments of channels instead of streaming live tv

It has always been about missed episodes. I am adding more and more live streams, but the idea was that the URL's of the streams are static and can be added to XBMC using strm files. Whereas the missed episodes side differ day and require parsing.
Hi

Tried VERY hard to use the proper way to submit a error report but ended up at a page that did not exists.
So that's why i'm trying here instead.

When trying to save the language settings to show just the Swedish content it just reverts back to standard settings and you can see ALL Play services you don't want to have.

ToddeSwe
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
(2014-05-28, 17:52)ToddeSwe Wrote: Hi

Tried VERY hard to use the proper way to submit a error report but ended up at a page that did not exists.

When trying to save the language settings to show just the Swedish content it just reverts back to standard settings and you can see ALL Play services you don't want to have.

ToddeSwe

You were at the wrong issue tracker and did not read the message at Google code that we moved to Bitbucket.

On topic: did you confirm your channel preferences with OK and not by using your Escape or Back button?

If you used OK and it still does not work: post a full debug xotplugin.log file on pastebin.com. See here how she the debug settings: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/troubleshooting/

Make sure that you say the log level, delete the xot.lock file from your XBMC profile addon_data/net.rieter.xot/ folder, restart XBMC, run XOT and then send that log.
(2014-05-28, 18:03)Basje Wrote:

ToddeSwe

You were at the wrong issue tracker and did not read the message at Google code that we moved to Bitbucket.

On topic: did you confirm your channel preferences with OK and not by using your Escape or Back button?

If you used OK and it still does not work: post a full debug xotplugin.log file on pastebin.com. See here how she the debug settings: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/troubleshooting/

Make sure that you say the log level, delete the xot.lock file from your XBMC profile addon_data/net.rieter.xot/ folder, restart XBMC, run XOT and then send that log.

Hi

Yes i did see the notice that you've repeted several times. Smile And i was refering to this when i told you that i got a page that was not valid.
Anyway, yes i use the OK and nothing else to confirm my settings. Still no go. I'll post an error report asap. This bugs the hell out of me. Smile

Thanks for now!
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
(2014-05-28, 21:33)ToddeSwe Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 18:03)Basje Wrote:

ToddeSwe

Hi

Yes i did see the notice that you've repeted several times. Smile And i was refering to this when i told you that i got a page that was not valid.
Anyway, yes i use the OK and nothing else to confirm my settings. Still no go. I'll post an error report asap. This bugs the hell out of me. Smile

Thanks for now!
Don't create a new one but look here: https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...nel-preset

And attach a new logfile as I asked.
Hi!

I've now posted ISSUE #532

Hope you can see what is wrong.

ToddeSwe
SVTplay does not work in XOT anymore!
I used to go there before for missed episodes and such and it was possible (if tedious) to find the program by name in a very long alphabetically sorted list.
But now there is nothing displayed! Just the double dot return to previous level.... Sad

As a matter of fact the SVTplay add-on in the main add-on directory also does not work, not a single program is displayed. Sad

So this might be a common problem, maybe caused by the update to XBMC 13 (Gotham)?
My installation is on a Raspberry Pi running RASPBMC and it auto-updated a couple of weeks ago.

Please look into this because not having access to the main Swedish broadcaster via the play function in XBMC really sucks...

PS: I have noted that there has been considerable activity in this thread since I last posted here, how come I have not received any email alerts?
I have checked the radio button for notifications and yet I have not gotten any. DS
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-05, 00:23)Bosse_B Wrote: SVTplay does not work in XOT anymore!
I used to go there before for missed episodes and such and it was possible (if tedious) to find the program by name in a very long alphabetically sorted list.
But now there is nothing displayed! Just the double dot return to previous level.... Sad

As a matter of fact the SVTplay add-on in the main add-on directory also does not work, not a single program is displayed. Sad

So this might be a common problem, maybe caused by the update to XBMC 13 (Gotham)?
My installation is on a Raspberry Pi running RASPBMC and it auto-updated a couple of weeks ago.

Please look into this because not having access to the main Swedish broadcaster via the play function in XBMC really sucks...

PS: I have noted that there has been considerable activity in this thread since I last posted here, how come I have not received any email alerts?
I have checked the radio button for notifications and yet I have not gotten any. DS

It is a now issue (as you can see here: https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...nge-layout) and is not related to Gotham. We are currently fixing it. Attached with the issue (https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...nge-layout) you will find a new version of chn_svt.py that you can use until an official update is out.
Thanks for the reply!
I see now that SVT has decided to make a big change to their website GUI and it means a lot of problems for people parsing data off of the actual website, I understand.
(I have myself mined another website for TV program EPG data and it was a hassle to keep up with the changes...)

Isn't there an API from SVT that can be used by app and add-on developers such that a more stable way to get at the data can be used?
OTOH, SVT might not want to help people using their data but not their website?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-05, 08:54)Bosse_B Wrote: Isn't there an API from SVT that can be used by app and add-on developers such that a more stable way to get at the data can be used?
OTOH, SVT might not want to help people using their data but not their website?

I tried to see if their Android app used an JSON API, that one just wraps their website.
It seems like a new update of XBMC has made the SVTplay programs available again in XBMC!

But I have a different problem with SVTplay:

Some programs are shown in very bad video quality when played through XBMC while the same program viewed on a PC (Windows 7 + FireFox) is much better.
I also tested downloading the program as mp4 so I could put it on my NAS and then play it through XBMC as a file, again much better video quality!

What is causing this? It does not happen on every program, recently produced programs show just fine with HD quality (I have 100 Mb/s fiber), but some others are really much worse through the XBMC SVTPLAY add-on or XOT SVTplay than played via other means.

In beginning of 2014 I was told that the bad quality on SVTplay was due to some limitations in Frodo and that this would be changed in Gotham.
But it seems not to have been fully done....
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-09, 00:57)Bosse_B Wrote: It seems like a new update of XBMC has made the SVTplay programs available again in XBMC!

But I have a different problem with SVTplay:

Some programs are shown in very bad video quality when played through XBMC while the same program viewed on a PC (Windows 7 + FireFox) is much better.
I also tested downloading the program as mp4 so I could put it on my NAS and then play it through XBMC as a file, again much better video quality!

What is causing this? It does not happen on every program, recently produced programs show just fine with HD quality (I have 100 Mb/s fiber), but some others are really much worse through the XBMC SVTPLAY add-on or XOT SVTplay than played via other means.

In beginning of 2014 I was told that the bad quality on SVTplay was due to some limitations in Frodo and that this would be changed in Gotham.
But it seems not to have been fully done....

Make sure that you have the bitrate set to maximum in the XBMC Online TV settings.

If that does not solve your issue, please provide me with some examples (available outside Sweden) of episodes that have low quality.
I have posted a message in the SVTplay thread which actually also pertains to the XOT version of SVTplay.
Please read that post and think up a way to make navigation quicker also in the XOT version of the add-on.
Right now the alphabetical list spanning hundreds of items is hard to use.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-13, 16:00)Bosse_B Wrote: I have posted a message in the SVTplay thread which actually also pertains to the XOT version of SVTplay.
Please read that post and think up a way to make navigation quicker also in the XOT version of the add-on.
Right now the alphabetical list spanning hundreds of items is hard to use.
I don't understand your issue. Within XOT i show the A-Ö list (as a whole) and if you select a program from that list you will (since the yesterday) get all the episodes that are available. And if there are any clips, they will be there in a separate subfolder. So I think it already is how you want it?
What I mean is that the list itself is like this (only for letters A and B) where one can see only 9 at a time.
So for A+B there are 53 entries and the other letters fill up the list so it is probably about 400-500 items high.
It is very slow to use the down arrow on the remote to get one line at a time down.
So for example if your program is named "Mitt torn" you have a LOONG way to scroll down with the arrow to reach the right item.
Here is the current list of only the A and B programs:
Code:
Abbys flygande skola för feer
ABC
Actors studio
AF1
Agenda
Aktuellt
Akuten
Alex Schulman - Älska mig
Alfons Åberg
Alice från Kina