• 60(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
olee Wrote:I'am running XBMC on a ATV2. I've installed the XOT-UZG plugin. The problem is that I only see dutch channels (+ freecaster and quicksilver). Even though I have toggled "swedish channels" in settings they don't show up.
Does anyone have an idea why?

It has to do with the character encodings. It will be fixed in the next version of XOT.

Keep in mind that ATV2 support is very beta at this moment. So more features will not work (rtmp playback).
Question 
Basje Wrote:Well, I am not going to change it in the script because on Linux/Windows the high bitrates is much nicer and on Xbox you can use the contextmenu to select the lowbitrate stream. But it's very easy change yourself:

Just open the chn_svt.py and go to line number 277. That line reads:
Code:
def PlayVideoItem(self, item, lowBitrate=False, player="defaultplayer"):
change it to
Code:
def PlayVideoItem(self, item, lowBitrate=True, player="defaultplayer"):
(just replace the False with True)

Then it will play the low bitrate stream by default.

Hello, I can't get this to work.
Running XOT 3.2.3 as a script in XBMC on XBox.
I have replaced "False" with "True" in line 276 in the chn_svt.py script, so it now reads:

But the script still fetches the 1280x720 resolution video.

Also when selecting a video and going into context menu (i assume it's the white button), I don't have the option to play lowBitrate. Only options are: Add-on settings, DownloadItem, Play using MPlayer and Play using DVDPlayer.

Any idea what might be causing this?
deeed Wrote:Hello, I can't get this to work.
Running XOT 3.2.3 as a script in XBMC on XBox.
I have replaced "False" with "True" in line 276 in the chn_svt.py script, so it now reads:

But the script still fetches the 1280x720 resolution video.

Also when selecting a video and going into context menu (i assume it's the white button), I don't have the option to play lowBitrate. Only options are: Add-on settings, DownloadItem, Play using MPlayer and Play using DVDPlayer.

Any idea what might be causing this?
Well, it does not work anymore in version 3.2.3! Read the readme.txt or the changelog because I improved it (due to popular demand)!

You can now specify the bitrate using the Add-On Settings of XOT-Uzg.v3. Just go into the context menu (in the script itself or while selecting it from the list of scripts in XBMC) and select Add-On settings. You get a bunch of settings and you can set the playback quality to Low or Medium there. XOT will then select that quality for playback (that is why the menu options playback low and high were removed).

Keep in mind that not all channels support this feature yet, but SVT does.

PS: undo your changes to the .py file, because it might break other stuff.
Works Great!
Thanks for this awsome script!Big Grin
Basje Wrote:Well, it does not work anymore in version 3.2.3! Read the readme.txt or the changelog because I improved it (due to popular demand)!

You can now specify the bitrate using the Add-On Settings of XOT-Uzg.v3. Just go into the context menu (in the script itself or while selecting it from the list of scripts in XBMC) and select Add-On settings. You get a bunch of settings and you can set the playback quality to Low or Medium there. XOT will then select that quality for playback (that is why the menu options playback low and high were removed).

Keep in mind that not all channels support this feature yet, but SVT does.

PS: undo your changes to the .py file, because it might break other stuff.

Got it, thanks.
I tried going into contextmenu for the channel itself inside XOT, which wouldn't allow any settings to be made.
But in the contextmenu for the script itself, there was a "Script Settings" choice, which allowed me to set the bitrate.
Thanks for the help.
Basje Wrote:It has to do with the character encodings. It will be fixed in the next version of XOT.

Keep in mind that ATV2 support is very beta at this moment. So more features will not work (rtmp playback).

I'm having similar problems running on OpenELEC. My log file shows error messages about non-ASCII characters. So far I've managed to get it to work by simply removing the swedish characters from the comments lines in the python code, but of course it breaks every time it updates.
It works fine on XBMC on Ubuntu on another partition on the same machine, so it seems to be related to OpenELEC. One difference that I recently learned about is that OpenELEC is using python 2.6 instead of 2.4.

Do you think this issue will be solved by the next version, or am I experiencing a completely different problem?
Zsurfer Wrote:I'm having similar problems running on OpenELEC. My log file shows error messages about non-ASCII characters. So far I've managed to get it to work by simply removing the swedish characters from the comments lines in the python code, but of course it breaks every time it updates.
It works fine on XBMC on Ubuntu on another partition on the same machine, so it seems to be related to OpenELEC. One difference that I recently learned about is that OpenELEC is using python 2.6 instead of 2.4.

Do you think this issue will be solved by the next version, or am I experiencing a completely different problem?

I already fixed it locally and some ppl already tested it. So I will release a new set of Swedish channels after the weekend.
Zsurfer Wrote:I'm having similar problems running on OpenELEC. My log file shows error messages about non-ASCII characters. So far I've managed to get it to work by simply removing the swedish characters from the comments lines in the python code, but of course it breaks every time it updates.

I fixed it and it's in the XOT Repo now.
Yep, it works!
Thanks!
First off, great work on this add-on!

XBMC now runs on the Apple TV 2 thanks to the awesome work of the XBMC devs. one of the few things the ATV2 implementation is lacking is the support for MMS streams so the XOT-UZG add-on doesn't work at all on the ATV2.

The beta site of Uitzending Gemist offers HTML5 support for the iPad which means that there are "Apple compatible" h.264 m4v files on the UG servers. When I change the user agent of my browser to that of an iPad I can download the m4v files which play without conversion on the Apple TV.

Do you think it is in any way possible to also include the h.264 m4v option when you choose the bitrate?
XBMC on Mac and 2 Apple TV 2's – Alaska Revisited – Drobo FS
Cyzor Wrote:First off, great work on this add-on!

XBMC now runs on the Apple TV 2 thanks to the awesome work of the XBMC devs. one of the few things the ATV2 implementation is lacking is the support for MMS streams so the XOT-UZG add-on doesn't work at all on the ATV2.

The beta site of Uitzending Gemist offers HTML5 support for the iPad which means that there are "Apple compatible" h.264 m4v files on the UG servers. When I change the user agent of my browser to that of an iPad I can download the m4v files which play without conversion on the Apple TV.

Do you think it is in any way possible to also include the h.264 m4v option when you choose the bitrate?

Could you let me know the useragent string that you are using?
Basje Wrote:Could you let me know the useragent string that you are using?
Of course, I got this one from Safari in developer mode and put it into this Chrome extension.

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B500 Safari/531.21.10

When I enable this user agent in Chrome and go to beta.uitzendinggemist.nl I get the HTML5 videos, sometimes I need to refresh a few times. Now I can just right click on the video and choose "copy URL" or "download video". Example, latest episode of Wie is de Mol?.

EDIT:
Apparently the URL you get from the video (see Wie is de Mol? example above) redirects to a temporary URL with the real M4V file. A direct URL to the M4V file I got yesterday is now no longer valid, "missing credentials". But the redirecting URL keeps working of course.
I just did some more digging and you don't need to change the user agent at all to get to the HTML5 video URL. Sticking with the "Wie is de Mol?" example. Looking at the source of the episode page, near the botton is this code:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
  load_player('12133805', '[b]AVRO_1409266[/b]');
  register_play(1062897, 'LjpRHrdK6dCrf74ykZaNYzORDQ1LGzSxNtnKgSM8+Gs=');

//]]>
</script>

The bold text is the "episode specific" part. Paste that code in the base url and you get: beta.uitzendinggemist.nl/video_streams/AVRO_1409266?quality=std

Another example, this is the code from the Wikileaks episode of Tegenlicht: VPWON_1151208 which makes this URL: beta.uitzendinggemist.nl/video_streams/VPWON_1151208?quality=std

It looks like all the video's are 1Mbit H.264 files of good quality. I can even paste these URLs into the AirFlick application and the video starts playing on my Apple TV through AirVideo. It would be great however if this would be a selection in the XOT-UZG add-on so I don't need my Mac to get the URL and stream the video but to be able to just select it from within XBMC.
Cyzor Wrote:I just did some more digging and you don't need to change the user agent at all to get to the HTML5 video URL. Sticking with the "Wie is de Mol?" example. Looking at the source of the episode page, near the botton is this code:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
  load_player('12133805', '[b]AVRO_1409266[/b]');
  register_play(1062897, 'LjpRHrdK6dCrf74ykZaNYzORDQ1LGzSxNtnKgSM8+Gs=');

//]]>
</script>

The bold text is the "episode specific" part. Paste that code in the base url and you get: beta.uitzendinggemist.nl/video_streams/AVRO_1409266?quality=std

Another example, this is the code from the Wikileaks episode of Tegenlicht: VPWON_1151208 which makes this URL: beta.uitzendinggemist.nl/video_streams/VPWON_1151208?quality=std

It looks like all the video's are 1Mbit H.264 files of good quality. I can even paste these URLs into the AirFlick application and the video starts playing on my Apple TV through AirVideo. It would be great however if this would be a selection in the XOT-UZG add-on so I don't need my Mac to get the URL and stream the video but to be able to just select it from within XBMC.
Thanks for the analysis. Could you please post a uzg.log file on pastebin.ca and post the link here? That way I can figure out how to distinguish between ATV and Linux, Windows etc.
pastebin.ca seems to be down at the moment. So I put the log file on my Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21017977/uzgPlugin.log
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7