Rasp / Kodi / FliRc
Hi Everyone

I got my Rasp Pi/2 with OpenElec and Kodi up and running. After reading many poats, I also bought a FliRc USB receiver to uee with a remote.

I search many sites including this forum, but I can not find a how to install the FliRc USB recever software or config in OpenElec with Kodi.

I tested it on a Windows/Kodi install and it works great.

Can anyone help me with how to install the FliRc USB recever in OpenElec?

Rgs
Scalci
Program the Flirc with the Flirc program, then just insert it in the USB port of the Pi 2.
Katsup, thank you, how do I get the FliRc program installed when i run OpenElec?
You do not need to install anything in OpenElec. You programmed the Flirc with your computer.
(2016-01-08, 06:30)scalci Wrote: Hi Everyone

I got my Rasp Pi/2 with OpenElec and Kodi up and running. After reading many poats, I also bought a FliRc USB receiver to uee with a remote.

I search many sites including this forum, but I can not find a how to install the FliRc USB recever software or config in OpenElec with Kodi.

I tested it on a Windows/Kodi install and it works great.

Can anyone help me with how to install the FliRc USB recever in OpenElec?

Rgs
Scalci

The FLIRC emulates a USB keyboard when plugged into the Raspberry Pi 2. You don't need to install any additional software or do any additional configuration on the Pi. As far as Kodi is concerned, when you plug in a FLIRC you're plugging in a keyboard.

You will need to configure the FLIRC for the IR remote you want to use it with on a PC or a Mac first. For a list of the keyboard commands Kodi expects (so you can map keys to the right buttons on your remote) have a look here : http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard (This is if you want to add more functions to your remote than the FLIRC Kodi/Xbmc remote template offers)
Thx Guys, got it and working 99%

One key I can not get to work, it the"Mouse Right Click" to get the Context menu how do I get this?
Dot worry Guys, I got this right. i mapped the Keyboard key "C" as in this guide http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard to a key and it works.

Thank you so much for all the help...

Rgs
Scalci

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rasp / Kodi / FliRc0