Weird channel-change issue with Kodi 15.2 and NextPVR 3.6.6
Not sure if this problem is caused specifically by Kodi 15.2 or NextPVR 3.6.6, or something else completely, but it's really bizarre and it's messing with my wife's head!

This may be too much information, but I'm going to give it all anyway just to be sure.

Previous environment:
Main HTPC was a Windows 7 box running Media Center and a 6-channel Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe. Bedroom TV and basement/workout TV were powered by Ceton Echo boxes. Lots of recordings were made from Media Center on this box, so there were lots of .wtv files on it.

I was never truly happy with that setup, as I found the Echoes to be kind of junky. Additionally, my wife was annoyed at not being able to play DVD's on the bedroom TV. So I made plans to transition from Windows 7 Media Center plus Echoes to a new main HTPC with the existing tuner, running Windows 10, Kodi 15.2, and NextPVR 3.6.6. The bedroom TV and workout TV would be run by low-power PC's running Windows 10 and Kodi 15.2 (running on Pentium G3250 dual cores and 8GB RAM).

In order to make the transition more bearable for my TV-addicted wife, I left the existing Windows 7/MCE box in-place, but installed NextPVR and Kodi on it for testing. I left it that way for weeks with sporadic use, and never had a problem.

Fast-forward to now: I swapped out the old HTPC with the new one running Windows 10, NextPVR 3.6.6, and Kodi 15.2. I replaced the Echoes with low-power PC's running Windows 10 and Kodi 15.2. I transferred my daughter's recorded shows (.wtv files) into the main HTPC's videos folder. Here's the problem: occasionally, it seems channel changes on one box actually occur on another. For example, this past weekend, all three of us were watching something at one point. I was watching NFL wild card weekend, my wife was watching something on Hallmark or something, and my daughter was watching a .wtv file. My channel just randomly changed to Nickelodeon (I am thinking my daughter was trying to put on live TV), even though my instance of Kodi still reported as being tuned to whatever channel football was on. I had to close my instance of Kodi and reopen it to re-tune the football game.

*edit* I should add that it's possible the channel change was attempted because of a scheduled recording.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but my attempts at searches came up empty. Thanks ahead of time!
~Ark
If it happens again, post the NextPVR logs, and the time it happened, and I'll take a look.
Ok, will do.
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet on this, my wife says it happens all the time but she won't cooperate and provide me a simple time of day and channel. It's getting frustrating because she sure likes to bitch about it but doesn't want to help fix it.

I will try in the coming days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird channel-change issue with Kodi 15.2 and NextPVR 3.6.60