[split] Pi Zero Kodi Freezes
I am new to Raspberry PI and Kodi. The Kodi seems so unstable. If I try to check for updates it goes half way and just sits there while also locking up the unit. If I try to install addons from zip it opens a right side bar window and completely locks up. Is there a more stable version than 15.2? Do I have the wrong version? The other OS for my Raspberry all seem so much more together. Whats going on here? Does Kodi not really support Raspberry Zero? The Raspian and others don't act like this but I wanted to try this out. It is very frustrating especially when so many post how well this works.

Thread title amended as it related to the original not this new split off one - DarrenHill
Split off and moved to the Pi section, rather than Windows.

Kodi runs fine on a Pi zero, I'm doing so at this very moment in fact.

Can you gather a debug log (wiki) and post a link to the uploaded file?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
How are you powering the Pi zero? An insufficient power supply is the most likely cause of your symptoms.
I have three different power sources and all get the same results. One is a 5V 2.1A one is 5V 1A and one is a plug in 5 V 1 A. I can not install add ons as when trying from the zip file the screen on the right opens and then hangs the whole unit. The Kodi updates go halfway and then hang the whole unit. None of the other OS do this. I am using a pulse 8 adaptor and at times the network connection must be unplugged upon loading or it also freezes. If you leave pulse 8 in and NIC connect out and then load up the device is recognized and then when you plug the NIC in the time corrects. I cant tell if pulse 8 or just the OS. It is a bit frustrating as there is so much talk about the OS freezing but not much on how to address. I will need to figure out how to gt the log and will then post it. Thank You so much for your help here. I have sensors and more parts on the way and am trying to get the OS part down. In the Kodi case I just wanted to see it work. Most likely will be working in a more sensor friendly OS. THANKS!!!
(2016-01-13, 23:10)powerlinep Wrote: I am using a pulse 8 adaptor and at times the network connection must be unplugged upon loading or it also freezes. If you leave pulse 8 in and NIC connect out and then load up the device is recognized and then when you plug the NIC in the time corrects. I cant tell if pulse 8 or just the OS.

What do you mean by pulse 8 adaptor? Can you link to it?
Pulse 8 is known for a CEC adaptor which wouldn't make much sense on a Pi.
basically I have a three port usb with NIC on the end. Seems to be what everyone uses. I can not get addons to install as when you try a window to the left opens and then the box totally freezes. If you try to run Kodi Updates the progress bar goes to half way and it freezes. If you try to install add ons from zip Kodi Freezes. If you try to go to Kodi or Open Elec info all choices are grayed out. Rasbian is fine and other OS are fine. Kodi freezes so much and there seems to be a lot of comments to this effect but no solutions. I am about to toss even trying to use it as it really seems like it just is not going to work on a pi zero. The question is does this work on a Pi Zero? Has anyone ever gotten it to work?

Can you recommend an older version of Kodi that does work or is this pointless? I feel like I am just wasting time with this OS when the others all work. Thanks for any input.
Without seeing a log my guess would be power supply.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Yes it works fine on a Pi zero, as I said above.

One of my Pi zeroes is my travelling media player, running OpenElec 6 without issue. Using a decent 2A power supply, backed up by a powered hub for running my portable hard drive.

As asked in the above posts, please confirm your power supply, hardware (what you have connected to your hub, and specific details of the hub itself) and also a debug log (wiki) of a freeze situation (as a reboot will be involved, it will be the previous .old log not the current one).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
My guess is also PSU (even though the Zero is very frugal). However I've also had mixed experiences with USB Hub + Ethernet combos (Crashes and freezes caused by one of mine). Got much better results with a separate (powered) hub and USB 2.0->Ethernet adaptor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Pi Zero Kodi Freezes0