[ATV4] - Loading Network Files
Gents,
Figured I would start to do some testing with ATV4 as my HTPC has recently died.
Install was fine, and the core program seems to be stable (Jan14 build). I am seeing a problem and I haven't been able to find an answer.
Trying to load mkv's from my old win7 HTPC, as well as MKVs from my win8 laptop. Kodi can see the network paths, can see the folders, but once I get into them, no MKV is there (and it is).
The other issue is with a second folder. When trying to add, its asking for username/password. Protected sharing is disabled on both machines, yet it looks as though the ATV thinks its on.

thoughts?

EDIT: will try placing MKV file in public videos folder and report back. Nope. Still cannot see the mkv file
Been playing more. Figured I should download MrMc to compare. Both issues persist. 1. Not able to see mkv files. 2. Not able to get into some shared folders, prompting me to enter un/pw even when the share is set to no pw protection. Weird thing is I do have access to some folders, but not the ones I need access too.
These sound like generic Kodi access issues and has nothing to do with ATV4 specifically. I'm closing this thread because only advanced Kodi users should be testing, and Kodi on ATV4 is no different file access wise than Kodi on any other platform.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV4] - Loading Network Files0