Books and Magazines
Hi!

I have a bunch of PDFs containing books and magazines. Is there some sort of "best practice" on how to maintain those via Kodi?

The only thing that I would see is making "movies" out of the books and "tv shows" out of the magazines via NFO files, but mixing "printed media" with videos doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks!
likely an add-on. But I think there are better tools out there to organize books etc
There was a comic book addon that supported various file formats, but not sure about metadata.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you are looking for a tool to view/read books on your TV I recommend to try it out first. Even comics are hardly enjoyable to read on a TV screen.
As for a collection manager, there is other software much better at it than Kodi.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.ebooks/
Well, my idea would be to have everything in one place. I do have Kodi running on three "regular" PCs as well, I probably wouldn't read magazines on a TV.

Any recommendations for a collection manager that would work similar to Kodi? On the one hand, a big list with all the books, which I can divide in genres, tags etc.? And on the other hand something for magazines? The software I found (I'm on Windows) looks either totally boring / technical (think Excel) or doesn't work right, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks, the eBooks script looks good, will have a look.
Calibre
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Calibre is indeed very good, supports a lot of e-reader devices too.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Books and Magazines0