Overscan Compensation
as far as i know the screen calibration in xbmc reduce the count of pixels wich are used for the movie.
instead of this it would be more usefull to control the video output to reduce the overscan of the xbox. so both, the gui and the movie could fit the screen better.
i found the xbox-linux project on sourcefourge. they have a tool in cvs called xbv. this tool can do lot of things with the nvidia and conexant chip, exspecial it can set registers in conexant chip via i2c. the user can set overscan compensation in percent.
i don´t know if it is possible to use some of the source in xbmc, but i think it would a good thing.

asazel
Question 
no offence but i have to ask, are you requesting/suggesting this function or are you going to code it yourself?, cause if you are 'only' suggesting then this topic will be moved to the feature suggestion forum as this development forum is for developers/programers only.

ps! btw i already liked the idea of this for a long time and i've before collected some info and links about it, you can fine them here
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sorry, i only requested this feature.
so it can be moved.

asazel
moved Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overscan Compensation0