Stream kodi to DLNA tv
Hi guys.
i have a RPI with OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15.2) in a room of my home, connected to LAN and throught HDMI to the TV, i use it to watch Live TVs using a .m3u playlist. Then i have a TV Sony Bravia in another room of my home and i want to see Kodi here too. So i would know if there is a way to stream Kodi throught DLNA to the TV (a kind of miracast), or better, to use Kodi as a DLNA server to see Live TVs on Sony Bravia. Thanks in advance.
Context menu, then play using.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-20, 11:49)nickr Wrote: Context menu, then play using.

sorry but i do not understand what you mean..
DLNA is the marketing name in consumer electronics for the UPNP protocoll, and Kodi does support UPNP in several ways.

a) Use Kodi as DLNA/UPNP server
To enable this, go to Settings -> Services -> UPnP/DLNA and enable "Share my libraries". Once done, you can browse the items that are indexed in your Kodi library from UPNP devices and play them.

b) Push a video to your TV via "play using" feature as suggested by nickr
To do so, do same as on a) but also enable "Look for remote UPnP players" on this page. Once done, go to the item you would like to watch, trigger the context menu and select "play using...". Then you can select the UPNP device to push the item to.

That said, you have to be aware that Kodi does not yet support transcoding, which means it can't convert the video/song into a format the TV supports in case you'd like to watch a format your TV doesn't understand (like ISO files etc). So you can only play media that the UPNP device supports natively (like as if you would plug a HDD and play the file from there). It's not a mirroring in any way, but only instructing the UPNP device to play a certain file via network.
(2016-01-20, 21:12)da-anda Wrote: DLNA is the marketing name in consumer electronics for the UPNP protocoll, and Kodi does support UPNP in several ways.

a) Use Kodi as DLNA/UPNP server
To enable this, go to Settings -> Services -> UPnP/DLNA and enable "Share my libraries". Once done, you can browse the items that are indexed in your Kodi library from UPNP devices and play them.

b) Push a video to your TV via "play using" feature as suggested by nickr
To do so, do same as on a) but also enable "Look for remote UPnP players" on this page. Once done, go to the item you would like to watch, trigger the context menu and select "play using...". Then you can select the UPNP device to push the item to.

That said, you have to be aware that Kodi does not yet support transcoding, which means it can't convert the video/song into a format the TV supports in case you'd like to watch a format your TV doesn't understand (like ISO files etc). So you can only play media that the UPNP device supports natively (like as if you would plug a HDD and play the file from there). It's not a mirroring in any way, but only instructing the UPNP device to play a certain file via network.

ok but i have not any media in my kodi library (in fact on TV i read "there are no items to display") becuase i use kodi only to see the Live TVs .m3u playlist (with IPTV Simple Client)...

1) is it possibile to see iptv playlist through UPnP protocol like video/images/music?
2) if 1) is not possibile, there is a way to see on the TV exactly what kodi is playing? in other words, there is a way to broadcast kodi through UPnP on the TV??

Thanks
Buy a raspberry pi 2 for next to nothing and plug it into your second tv. Replicate the iptv simple setup. Job done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
neither 1) or 2) are possible, sorry. For 1) your TV would have to understand the playlists and the URLs in it which I doubt it does. And Kodi does not have any mirroring features.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream kodi to DLNA tv0