Kodi installation
Hi,
After installing Kodi on my television, I go the message: " for security purposes, your phone is set to block the installation of apps obtained from unknown sources." But when I went to settings my phone (galaxy s 5) was not set to block. Any suggestions how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!
Thread moved to Android section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm somewhat confused.
You installed on your tv?
Your mobile?
Both?
The install failed? On which?
Where did you see the message? On your phone or your tv?
Is there a reason you're not using the play store?
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chr...%20android
Hi Troggy, thanks for responding and I'm sorry for the confusion. I started out trying to install it to my pc and then the pc sent the installation to my phone. Installing to my pc became difficult so I stopped and searched a way to install without using my pc and just the tv...found one. After attempting to install, I received the message, " for security purposes, your phone is set to block the installation of apps obtained from unknown sources." But when I went to settings my phone (galaxy s 5) was not set to block. went to settings on my phone and my phone was set to allow apps from unknown sources, but I am getting the same message on my tv.
If the message appears on your tv then presumably it relates to your tv, not your mobile - it sounds like the generic android message that nobody's updated for the tv os.
So - assuming you're trying to install on a tv running android - you need to access developer options and enable 'allow installation from unknown sources'. On the tv.

Maybe.
@troggy, thanks, I will try that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi installation1