How Kodi timer and NextPVR Schedule works?
(2016-02-23, 10:23)ksooo Wrote: Yeah and I fear that this is a bug in the nextpvr add-on. If so, let's hope that @sub3 is able to fix this soon.
I have been working on it, and have a fix. Just gotta work up the energy to find how to get the patch on to the right branch and work out why the v17 builds aren't working for me Big Grin
(2016-02-23, 09:09)ksooo Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 03:10)pkscout Wrote: Yea, so I don't think that setting in Kodi does anything, or at least not for me. I set it to record new episodes only, but in NextPVR the recurring recording showed up as all episodes. I'm resorting to either use XNEWA or NPVR directly to schedule recordings, as the new Jarvis recording interface seems to be a step backwards for me.

This seems to be a bug in the nextpvr client add-on, not in Kodi core.

BTW: what I do not understand is why you claim the whole new interface bad just because of one bug? Sounds kinda unfair given the amount of work spent to implement this and many new features and improvements for recording and lot of positive feedback otherwise.

I actually don't mind the record screen options (once the record only new is fixed). It's using the timer screen to get any information that's the issue for me. If I set the timers by date, I have to scroll through all my recurring timers (which have "any day" so are first) to see what's recording next. And if a show is recording tomorrow and the day after, the list only shows the tomorrow one. The day after one won't show until after the tomorrow recording is done. I can see all the future timers for a show if I group the timers, but then I can't look at them by date. So to figure out what's recording over the next few days takes a sheet of paper and going through every single grouped show. The default Kodi interface doesn't let me answer a very simple question: What's everything that will be recording in the next week. The X-NEWA addon that talks to NPVR does that with one click (as does the native NPVR interface).
Kodi Krypton will come with two separate timer windows, one for the scheduled recordings, one for the timer rules. This feature simply was not ready in time for Jarvis, sorry. If you like, you can already test this with Kodi Krypton nightly builds.
(2016-02-25, 08:56)ksooo Wrote: Kodi Krypton will come with two separate timer windows, one for the scheduled recordings, one for the timer rules. This feature simply was not ready in time for Jarvis, sorry. If you like, you can already test this with Kodi Krypton nightly builds.

Thanks for the update. Sounds good, and no worries. The X-NEWA interface is pretty good and meets my needs, and with my mod to Confluence it's all integrated. I can wait for Krypton for the updated timer and scheduled recording options.
Thanks for the constructive feedback.
Thanks guys- @sub3 is there an ETA for when the patch will go in?
My part is done. I'm not sure when it'll end up in an official build.

If you want to build it from source, you can get it from https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr.
(2016-03-10, 00:50)sub3 Wrote: My part is done. I'm not sure when it'll end up in an official build.

@sub3 I'm not aware of any open pvr.nextpvr PRs from you. What do you mean by "end up in an official build"? Where is it missing?
(2016-03-10, 09:29)ksooo Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 00:50)sub3 Wrote: My part is done. I'm not sure when it'll end up in an official build.

@sub3 I'm not aware of any open pvr.nextpvr PRs from you. What do you mean by "end up in an official build"? Where is it missing?
im talking about that PR I had problems merging with the Jarvis branch a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if that is in an official build yet. It may already be there.
Can confirm that the patch has been included in Jarvis 16.1 RC1.

Was able to apply the patch to Jarvis 16.0 by installing 16.1_RC1 to an alternate directory and copying the <kodi_16RC1_install_path>\addons\pvr.nextpvr directory to <kodi_16_install_path>\addons\ - make sure kodi isn't running and backup the existing pvr.nextpvr directory first. Once patch applied, an extra option was available in the "Add Timer" dialog when accessed from the TV guide which allowed you to specify "New Only" episodes. Confirmed that the series was added to NPVR with "First Runs Only" by checking NEWA.

I haven't tested all functions and features, though what I've used (watched TV, setup a series record via TV Guide, ad-hoc recording via the guide, deleted recorded shows, changed channels through all methods) appears to be stable.
(2016-03-14, 14:45)MtMk Wrote: Once patch applied, an extra option was available in the "Add Timer" dialog when accessed from the TV guide which allowed you to specify "New Only" episodes.
I tried this but updated to the version that comes with RC2 which is 1.12.14 - however it looks the same as it used to for me - no extra options for recording series.. Have you tried updating to 1.12.14?
SPMC 16.4 - nVidia Shield TV
(2016-04-08, 15:38)ben.page Wrote: I tried this but updated to the version that comes with RC2 which is 1.12.14 - however it looks the same as it used to for me - no extra options for recording series.. Have you tried updating to 1.12.14?
Are your sure you're looking in the right place? The Kodi native support for recurring recordings isn't in the same places you'd see them in NextPVR (and different from the custom popups that NextPVR addon used to use in earlier versions of Kodi). ie, try right clicking on a show in the Kodi guide and selecting 'add timer'. This should show a window where you can choose what type of recording to make.
Thanks sub3 - as in my other thread, that's what the problem is.

I have another query for you guys - HtHk's solution works well on Windows, but how can I overwrite that folder on Android? I can't access the folder where the default plugins are, only the ones I've installed myself.

I tried just zipping up the folder but that doesn't work... how can I update it on Android?
SPMC 16.4 - nVidia Shield TV
Sorry, I don't know anything about Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Kodi timer and NextPVR Schedule works?0