WMC Server - missing recordings
wtf. Please post the serverwmc log for this state.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2016-01-26, 20:11)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 19:19)michaeljc70 Wrote: It shows 3 additional folders in WMC Server under "Watched Recorded TV". I guess it gets them from WMC. Those use drive letters, not UNC paths. I'm not sure if that matters.

I think you have to go to C:\Users\Public\Libraries\RecordedTV and right click>properties then change the paths to network (UNC) paths if you're using these folders, otherwise delete them from the Library

I removed those extra folders and it only shows the main Recorded TV folder. Still having the issue though.
Sorry for butting in, have you checked permissions/security attributes and compared a file that is showing with one that isn't showing?? Right click on file>properties/security tab
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
@Dilligaf, butt in all you want, clearly I don't know what is going on.
(2016-01-26, 20:19)krustyreturns Wrote: wtf. Please post the serverwmc log for this state.

Here's the log. It has been a couple hours and still doesn't show any recordings.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ne05...zJmc0tnOFk
(2016-01-26, 21:09)krustyreturns Wrote: @Dilligaf, butt in all you want, clearly I don't know what is going on.
To me it's really sounding like a sharing/security issue where the logged in user doesn't have permission for the files that aren't showing. What do you see comparing the security tabs??
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2016-01-26, 20:32)Dilligaf Wrote: Sorry for butting in, have you checked permissions/security attributes and compared a file that is showing with one that isn't showing?? Right click on file>properties/security tab

I don't see any differences there. The only difference I see is that the shows that weren't showing tended to be older. I don't know they all were older and can't check since I moved them.
Try resetting the TV and epg databases in settings>Live TV

If you add your Recorded TV folder to video sources do the files show there?
(2016-01-26, 22:16)Dilligaf Wrote: Try resetting the TV and epg databases in settings>Live TV

If you add your Recorded TV folder to video sources do the files show there?

I don't see that option. There is no Live TV under settings. Just Tv and I don't see a reset option.

If I add the recorded tv folder as a file library on my Pi, it shows all the shows and I can play them.
When I started recording something, WMC Server saw it and now shows 1 recording.
From the log:

Code:
2016/01/26 12:20:25.027 HandleFolders ------------------------------------
2016/01/26 12:20:35.070 Local WMC 'RecTV' folder: 'E:\Recorded TV',   ShareStatus: OK
2016/01/26 12:20:35.122 Additional watched 'Recorded TV' folders:
2016/01/26 12:20:35.123   'E:\Recorded Tv'  ShareStatus: Warning, local paths are not accessible by remote clients.

I am not sure how wmc got set up this way, but you have your recorded tv folder: E:\Recorded TV set as both the rec tv folder AND a watched folder. And the path that is set as watched is a local path. This works fine in wmc because it only uses local paths, but its confusing serverwmc because it is flagging the files in the local path as being un-reachable and then ignoring those same files in the reachable tv path. Granted I could fix this in code but you are better off just correcting the problem in wmc. Since its in a weird state it might not be fixable in the wmc gui, if its not let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it from the registry.
(2016-01-27, 00:39)krustyreturns Wrote: From the log:

Code:
2016/01/26 12:20:25.027 HandleFolders ------------------------------------
2016/01/26 12:20:35.070 Local WMC 'RecTV' folder: 'E:\Recorded TV',   ShareStatus: OK
2016/01/26 12:20:35.122 Additional watched 'Recorded TV' folders:
2016/01/26 12:20:35.123   'E:\Recorded Tv'  ShareStatus: Warning, local paths are not accessible by remote clients.

I am not sure how wmc got set up this way, but you have your recorded tv folder: E:\Recorded TV set as both the rec tv folder AND a watched folder. And the path that is set as watched is a local path. This works fine in wmc because it only uses local paths, but its confusing serverwmc because it is flagging the files in the local path as being un-reachable and then ignoring those same files in the reachable tv path. Granted I could fix this in code but you are better off just correcting the problem in wmc. Since its in a weird state it might not be fixable in the wmc gui, if its not let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it from the registry.

When I go into libraries>recorded tv there is nothing to delete.
No, go to

Tasks>Settings>Media Libraries>Recorded TV>Remove Folders From Libraries>

You should see your recorded tv folder here (E:\Recorded TV) as a 'watched' path. You should remove it and hopefully it will leave the rec tv path alone,
(2016-01-27, 00:57)krustyreturns Wrote: No, go to

Tasks>Settings>Media Libraries>Recorded TV>Remove Folders From Libraries>

You should see your recorded tv folder here (E:\Recorded TV) as a 'watched' path. You should remove it and hopefully it will leave the rec tv path alone,

There is nothing to delete. The Remove button is inactive. I can only Add.
Are you comfortable using regedit?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC Server - missing recordings0