• 11(current)
Alpha Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
Hey guys, you're looking in the wrong add-on. You want to look in the settings for the Alexa Plugin, not Alexa Add-ons. If you go into your My Add-Ons, you should see both.
Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Quote:21:32:57 T:7444 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.StopIteration'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.alexa\service.py", line 611, in <module>
socketIO = SocketIO(cfg.socket_url,cfg.socket_port,LoggingNamespace)
File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.alexa\lib\socketIO_client\__init__.py", line 331, in __init__
resource, hurry_interval_in_seconds, **kw)
File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.alexa\lib\socketIO_client\__init__.py", line 51, in __init__
self._transport
File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.alexa\lib\socketIO_client\__init__.py", line 59, in _transport
self._engineIO_session = self._get_engineIO_session()
File "C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.alexa\lib\socketIO_client\__init__.py", line 73, in _get_engineIO_session
transport.recv_packet())
StopIteration
-->End of Python script error report<--
What folder on my computer does the tv show file have to be in for kodi to recognize it being asked to be played? For instance "tell cody to play paw patrol" i have 4 episodes of paw patrol local on the pc.

Thanks,
(2016-04-25, 21:14)Dewey72 Wrote: Ok I have everything down to the Alexa Services. The app has the configuraiton box greyed out. I have the latest Kodi build. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have the same problem. Anyone know what's going on? Thank you!
(2016-12-01, 01:46)MattChit Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 21:14)Dewey72 Wrote: Ok I have everything down to the Alexa Services. The app has the configuraiton box greyed out. I have the latest Kodi build. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have the same problem. Anyone know what's going on? Thank you!

Okay, so if you're an idiot like me, you probably didn't actually install everything. When you go to install the alexa addon, you need to go to Settings > My addons > Install from Repository > Find Alexa > Install the service.
I'm on the last page configuration and I'm selecting the end point. i select was lambda europe go to click next and i come up with this error? Error: A Lambda function ARN should be between 25 and 65535 characters can anyone help how to fix this.
(2016-12-06, 12:42)Gibsarno Wrote: I'm on the last page configuration and I'm selecting the end point. i select was lambda europe go to click next and i come up with this error? Error: A Lambda function ARN should be between 25 and 65535 characters can anyone help how to fix this.

Try to use the North America one and use this endpoint arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:414515788753:functionTonguelayTV.

So far it's working great. Too bad this project has stopped.
It was wotking great but now Alexa tells me this after asking "Alexa, ask Kodi to play Breakiing Bad": "There was a problem with the request skill responde", don't know what I did.
Edit: It seems to be server overloaded.

Does it work for music too? I request sth to Alexa and it does what it say but it keeps telling me Kodi didn't responded in time, what's with this?
I've asked for me key and if i play it it says now open alexa app and key will be there, but i can't see key?
i take it it does work in the uk?
(2016-12-07, 16:40)Gibsarno Wrote: I've asked for me key and if i play it it says now open alexa app and key will be there, but i can't see key?
i take it it does work in the uk?

I'm in Ecuador, that is South America and the key appeared on the alexa app, so I don't think it'a a region issue
Does anyone know the endpoint for Europe?
I have tried my best to install the Repo onto Kodi and have not been able to. If i put your link in directly it times out, I downloaded the zip file and put it on my dropbox and was able to connct, however when it goes in there is nothing to install so i can finish this up. I have everything else setup and this seems to be the last thing that needs to be complete so I can put in that long code. Any help would be appreciated
stupid question but I assume you are US based...will this add on only work out of US locations. II tried EU-West1 as the location but it was a no go.

I could always setup a US account but then some of my actual location (UK) might not be working right.

Trying to run this on a Windows 10 Kodi box...bullet proof on its own but this would be the icing on the cake
Yes I'm in the US and I have KODI installed on a Fire TV
so will this work on a UK based (UK amazon account) Echo Dot with ALEXA...if not can I simply change the location code to something like EU-west-1 to make it work or is there more to it than that

Has anyone in the UK got this to work
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon3