Selling Kodi
Hi,

First post, sorry if in the wrong place. Who do I need to inform about a 'company' selling kodi on firesticks? Getting increasingly pissed off that people are making money off something that is free and that they haven't worked on.
Selling OS software is not illegal, nor immoral.

Breaching kodi's trademark is illegal. Please provide details.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well it is immoral if you are conning people into buying something that is free. How do I go about inserting a pic upload?
if they modify Kodi in any way (like having custom add-ons preinstalled) they are violating our trademark policy.
For some further clarification on all this, see the Trademark FAQ (wiki) on the wiki.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Haizum74 read all the docs and it is wrong to sell but from what i have read only on unaltered versions please correct me if im wrong
The usual justification for selling open source software is providing a level of support. that's not usually the case with the vendors we are talking about here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My hope is that some savvy buyers will do due research, and when they realize that there will be no support here for such products, people will cease buying.
(2016-01-30, 01:25)cd2022 Wrote: My hope is that some savvy buyers will do due research, and when they realize that there will be no support here for such products, people will cease buying.

Unfortunately experience shows the following sequence:

impulse buy

doesn't work

go to kodi forums

get your post binned.
(2016-01-30, 09:18)nickr Wrote: Unfortunately experience shows the following sequence:

impulse buy

doesn't work

go to kodi forums

get your post binned.

Unfortunately all too true, but I'd add in another sequence at the start that being ill informed peers saying "don't pay for cable/satellite just buy a fully loaded Kodi box"

I could post this little anecdote in any number of threads on this forum but as I'm already replying in this one I'll say it here:-

I have an enjoyable job but one of its downsides is that I often have to hear peoples ill informed conversations (a great job for voyeurs though lol),
just yesterday I had to endure person A telling persons B and C how great Kodi is if they buy a fully loaded box, person A then tried to demonstrate on his laptop and when virtually nothing worked he blamed it on using public wifi.
As much as I wanted to intervene in this conversation it would have been thoroughly unprofessional of me to interrupt my customer's patrons, but its an indication of the BS this foundation is up against.

Maybe someone here can persuade Google to churn out the words "shyster, con, not supported" when someone types "fully loaded" into their search engine!
(2016-01-30, 14:50)stammie Wrote: .....

Maybe someone here can persuade Google to churn out the words "shyster, con, not supported" when someone types "fully loaded" into their search engine!

Google is only interested in profits, it rarely cares about anything else.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Selling Kodi0