XBMC and ORB (UPnP-server) Live-TV streaming works!
Thumbs Up 
Has anyone else noticed that XBMC works with ORB.
I just happened to notice while I was searching my network that my desktop PC running ORB showed up as a uPnP server. I drilled down and selected Live TV and was then able to select the channel I wanted to watch and presto. I was streaming live TV through my desktops WinTV card. I knew Orb supported this and have played with it before but never through XBMC.
I am amazed how useful XMBC has become and I only started using it two weeks ago...
Thanks to everyone who had input into the development of this software.

RickH
Nice Smile

Might want to add that one to the online manual - mind doing that, with details on what ORB is etc?

c0diq did a fantastic job in getting the uPnP client (and server) working so nicely Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I will take the next couple of days and go through and detail all that I can get XBMC to do with ORB. (TV, Videos, Pictures, Etc) (http://www.orb.com)

RickH
RickH Wrote:Has anyone else noticed that XBMC works with ORB.
I just happened to notice while I was searching my network that my desktop PC running ORB showed up as a uPnP server. I drilled down and selected Live TV and was then able to select the channel I wanted to watch and presto. I was streaming live TV through my desktops WinTV card. I knew Orb supported this and have played with it before but never through XBMC.
I am amazed how useful XMBC has become and I only started using it two weeks ago...
Thanks to everyone who had input into the development of this software.

RickH

Well this is what i have been waiting for..........

I hope someone could manage to create a plugin utilizing ORB to it's MAX on XBMC.
RickH Wrote:I will take the next couple of days and go through and detail all that I can get XBMC to do with ORB. (TV, Videos, Pictures, Etc) (http://www.orb.com)

RickH

Rick,

Hows that How To guide coming along? are you able to change channels using your Xbox remote?
Installing ORB was very easy. Unfortunately DVB-S cards are not (yet) supported.
If he doesn't get to making one for Orb, i will offer to make one. I'm very familiar with Orb since the 1st beta's. Nice work BTW on the discovery.
I know it never worked with 1.0 version, and must've been within reason of one of the recent update's, as i've noticed for a long time people have requested compatibility with XBMC due to the fact that the tv streaming never worked, just video's and music and photo's. Nice findings!!! I'll post it in their forums as well.
BTW, how does the channel changing part work with UPnP? i haven't personally downloaded any updates for a few months at least, since it worked great already, minus the XBMC Live TV compatibility. Guess i'll mess with that part again now.
G'day,

I've got a DVB-T card installed on my PC, and using its own software I can view various channels.

I've got Orb UPnP server running on my Windows XP box. I get a "Live TV" option in XMBC/MyVideos/UPnP/Orb, but nothing happens when I select it :confused2:

Then again, when I go to my Orb web page there's no option to view live TV (even though my TV tuner device was automatically configured) so I dunno what's going on there either.

So any further info on setting up Orb Live TV on XB<C would be most useful.

--Geoff
Rainbow 
I've died and gone to heaven.

I saw a second hand WinTV USB adaptor going for £25 in a shop on my way home today. I'm definately going to buy it tomorrow ;-)

I assume this is all working effortlessly now?

Also is WinTV over local ethernet compatable with MyTV etc scripts which (I believe) can record chosen programs to the HD?
This sounds interesting.. can anyone tell me.... how much lag is there when changing channels?

Cheers,

Shorty
I think the guys got Nero working to stream TV to the Xbox
Is there a way to view your friends' shared content via ORB?

I have a server full of videos that my friends would like to access.
Rainbow 
Hey folks,

Bought that card but never got round to testing this out. Has anyone else tried/succeeded in getting this to work?

as other people have suggested a plugin would be awesome!

TheBoxMan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and ORB (UPnP-server) Live-TV streaming works!0