Jarvis RC2 crash
Hello,

I am very well aware of the requirements for problems like this, to upload a debug log.

However, we have the problem that Kodi sometimes freezes without any apparent reason. This problem is not reproducible, it just happens sometimes.
Turning on debugging is not a real option, because it makes normal TV watching almost unbearable.

So far I have not found any other method of getting things running again except rebooting. As a result, the only thing I have is a kodi.old.log file.

Could that be of any use? If yes, I will upload it.

Regards,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
Are you experiencing a crash or a freeze (or both) ?
I too have daily crashes on windows since Jarvis, but no freezes.

I am currently trying to work this out as debug is either not possible or doesn't show anything suspicious.

Right now, i am in the process of ruling out power management. Do you have the system sleep on idle..?
Does the problem arise after some time without use or os it completely random ? My installations ( 4 of them) only show the crash issue ('kodi has stopped workin') after extended runtime and is not related to any specific action.

Also, if you revert back to 15.x without any other changes, does the problem persist?

Regards,

Atreyu
I believe if you add this line to advancedsettings.xml you can have debug logging enabled without the on-screen display:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>

More info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml
(2016-02-02, 00:06)relayer35 Wrote: I believe if you add this line to advancedsettings.xml you can have debug logging enabled without the on-screen display:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>

More info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

Thanks! I will do that and wait fro the next occurence.

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
(2016-02-01, 20:24)Atreyu Wrote: Are you experiencing a crash or a freeze (or both) ?
I too have daily crashes on windows since Jarvis, but no freezes.

I am currently trying to work this out as debug is either not possible or doesn't show anything suspicious.

Right now, i am in the process of ruling out power management. Do you have the system sleep on idle..?
Does the problem arise after some time without use or os it completely random ? My installations ( 4 of them) only show the crash issue ('kodi has stopped workin') after extended runtime and is not related to any specific action.

Also, if you revert back to 15.x without any other changes, does the problem persist?

Regards,

Atreyu

Kodi freezes. I have to reboot to get out of it. When I try to start task manager with ctrl-alt-delete, I get a black screen with only a taskbar which can't be used.

I started using Jarvis mainly because Isengard had the same problem.

Bart

Ok, we are experiencng different issues then.
Mine are tracked back to power management issues ( so it seems for now).
Hope you are able to dig up some logs to clarify tge issue..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis RC2 crash0