Power Saving Shutdown function: ability to prevent on network activity?
For whatever reason, my HTPC (Windows 7, 64 bit) won't go to sleep based on Windows power management features. I've debugged this endlessly, but no results.

Luckily enough, Kodi has an in-built Power Saving Shutdown Function timer, which works flawlessly! It even knows not to shutdown (suspend) when watching TV / movies / etc.

The problem is that it does not have the ability to monitor network activity and prevent the shutdown when I'm streaming media content to other devices.

I've searched for a plugin, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
No replies so far, so I'm guessing this is not that simple.

Is there perhaps a way to link a Python script to the 'suspend' action? Because then I might be able to script it?
Would this add-on enable you to do the latter?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Had the same problem since a driver update from Intel a few weeks back. I found this website helpful and was able to stop the network from waking up my HTPC.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/...waking.htm

Hope this helps.
Ok, so I've finally come around to making a simple script that should do the trick (tested) and I've integrated it using the Callback add-on in Kodi.

I've added a task in the add-on that executes the script and I've hooked it up to the "shutdown" event.

Thing is it doesn't seem to work yet. I'm having the suspicion that Kodi executes the script and subsequently still performs the shutdown function it wants to do.

So what I'd need to do is find a way to trick Kodi that there was some activity to avoid it suspending the machine. Any tips?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power Saving Shutdown function: ability to prevent on network activity?0