Another sincere 'THANK YOU' thread!
I agree with all of the above!
I travel a lot with my son and thanks to XBMC the xbox is the first thing we pack. XBMC...... dont leave home without it
I think most people even those who dont visit this site but have an xbox know of the existence of XBMC as its media capabilities are far superior to those Divx players that we used to see everywhere. My parents also have an xbox running XBMC and Ive recently done one for my sister and two more relatives will be converting shortly.

The xbox has been ditched for sometime by MS which is a shame that if they had the amount of dedication and persistence with producing and supporting a versatile product there would have been alot more xbox's sold. It doesnt really bother me though as theyre really cheap here in the uk. So where could you get a Mediaplayer/games machine/mp3 player/karoake player/Internet browser and with python a System where anyone can learn how to write software they want..

Its amazing how these guys keep producing and also inspiring people to make their own software and learn something new..

Cheers Guys..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
A rambling Thank You.

In 1999, I started collecting DVD movies. I would spend every spare dime on new movies, trying to start some sort of collection.
My first DVD player was a chinese cheapo Model from a brand named Cyberhome. It was neat and did most of the things I wanted it to do. After downloading a firmware image, burning it onto an EPROM using my Atari ST computer, unsoldering the original ROM chip and resoldering a socket for use with the new chip, it could even do region free.
It also had its limitations, so I went hunting for a new DVD player after a couple of years. My collection of DVDs grew and player prices crumbled. The amount of money I had invested into software was already far higher than the cost of even mid-range player hardware.
"What is the use of a movie library, if you don't have a decent player", I figured. So I got myself a 5.1 System from JVC, which consisted of a 5.1 receiver, a DVD player and a set of Speakers w/ Subwoofer. The System sounded great, compared to my old Stereo. As a bonus, there was the benefit of having a real Video-Signal-switching AV-Receiver. Naively, I assumed that the much more expensive DVD player in that System would have to be much better than my old piece o' crap Chinese model. Turns out, more expensive doesn't always mean more good. The new player was not near as flexible, as the old one (which I had already sold) had been.

Thats when I got a little angry and set out to find a DVD player to rule over all other players. I would even consider a product from Microsoft!
It was 2002 or 2003 and the Microsoft XBOX had had seen its first price reduction in my country. So I went out and bought an XBOX with DVD remote, assuming it would perform much better for its mighty computing power, compared to any regular player. Some disappointment that turned out to be. The built in player application for example, could smoothly zoom into a movie in realtime. The drawback was, that it would at least magnify by 2x, which is pretty much useless, if what you had in mind was zooming a 16:9 movie to fill your 4:3 TV-Screen. Also the hardware was a tad on the loud side.
So the XBOX went onto a shelf and wasn't used for a couple of months.
Then Softmods and XBMP came along and I finally took the plunge.
Since then my Box and my home theater system has seen many upgrades and XBMC is used most every day.
To think how I would have missed out, if I hadn't bought that useless piece of Microsoft junk back then...

Thank you, devs, you have made my last few years!

uwer
Smile 
Hi guys...

I'm afraid this is ANOTHER post thanking all those who have helped devleop this amazing piece of software.

I had been looking for an ideal hardware/software solution for a decent media player for some time. I initially had the mistfortune to try out some of the commercial products out there such as the Kiss DP-600 wireless media player. However I soon realised that it was total sh*t and could'nt handle/play half of the divX/Xvid/Avi/Mpg movies that I threw at it (not to mention the frequent freezes and lock ups). Fortunately I saw sense pretty quickly and managed to offload this on EBAY for not much less than what I paid for it.

I then found my way onto this forum and realised that a humble XBOX could be the solution to all my problems! One £30 XBOX purchase off ebay and a mod card later I now have a fully functioning, STABLE, great media centre for next to no money.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Cheers

Phil
I bought my XBOX only because of XBMC. I am totally addicted and my roommate too!

Thanks to everyone is involved in making with superb piece of software.

Long life to XBMC (and hopefully old XBOX too)!
Hey guys, been lurking for a while, finally registered.

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll add my name to the list of people thankful to all you devs, testers, documentation writers, mods, etc, etc. You guys have a marvelous piece of software here and the fact that you're giving it away just blows my mind.

Fellow users: I urge all of you to make a donation, however small to this group of talented individuals here. It's the least we can do to show our appreciation.

If you can spare some money: Donate now!

OK, I'll go post a request for help on how to mod my xbox, or map the FTP as a drive, or something like that before I'm labeled a kiss ass.
Reading all of this, I definitely am going to try to do this now. It seems like you guys put a lot of work into this. So thanks for all of your hard work in advance.
Funnily enough I logged in tonight to post about Donations. I donated last month using the Donate Link on the XBMC main website (don't use that link above.). My card was debited a day or two later but I just noticed on my latest Visa bill that my donation has been refunded to my card.

My Money not good enough for you, HUH??....... Big Grin
Laugh

Hey, if you wanna put it in my account, i promise, i'll not refund it Wink

Shorty
just thought id toss my thanks in here

in recent builds (not sure when it started exactly) h264 support has been greatly improved, not sure if its mplayer or xbmc that does this but rather than trying to display every single frame when the processor is maxed out (resulting is horribly out of sync a/v) is drops frames more readily now eventually allowing playback to catch up

in short h264 is actually watchable now and im totally psyched, thanks a ton!
i've used the online manual extensively to get things up and running. with most of my problems, i found answers with a quick search on the forums or actually reading up about it. i resisted the common noob urges to post at a whim (instead i rtfm).

so basically, i registered just to say thanks.

i'm sure i'll be back later with real problems but for now, good job all.
Just want to say thanks too. XBMC is the coolest bit of kit around. Not only does it beats everything on the market (i've got a dusty KISS player sitting in the bedroom) but it's so user-friendly that my g/f loves it too.

And an additional thanks to Chief for his xTV. Boy, it's so glossy.
Yeah, thank you xbmc developers very much for xbmc.
Seconded here too (well, about hundreded)

I hadn't even heard of this 'til about a month ago (oh, the shame) but saw an article to it on Lifehacker - and thought "hmm, that looks kinda interesting"

So here I am a month later, all up and running - for next to nothing.
Got official AV cable and it looks amazing on my Plasma, am even working out finally what 720, 1080 etc actually mean Smile

It looks fantastic, i reckon i'm up to about 10% functionality, haven't even started on a library yet.

thanks guys for a truly great piece of work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another sincere 'THANK YOU' thread!0