My News, My Sports, etc. - a "News" menu for a seperate RSS Feeds section in XBMC?
Lightbulb 
i dont think this has been suggested before, but what about having my sports scores similar to how you show scores for teams here in the us....like nba, nhl, mlb, nfl thought this might be something easy to implement.

Like in MythTV:

some time you want to see something on the tv but is hookde by all the fun in xbmc. so a simple time reminder can maby be an great idea or maby eaven a simple calendar.

i also miss the news ticker or a news page and some online function (page) for news about xbmc and updates or maby news from sites like cnn or bbc.

but to much stuf can be anoying so this kind of funktions can goes as plugins.

p.s sorry for my bad spelling.
now xbmc supports a rss news feed i would like to suggest the following improvements.

have a my news section where you could select between several rss feeds, which could be display the feed in a full screen (ie not just scrolling across the page)
i submitted a formal request for configurable rss feeds on sf, but this sounds like an even better extension to my idea.

multiple feeds on a my news page, where you can add feeds, remove feeds, and select which feed appears on the front page. also when you view the feed you can display the summary and such.

of course with a full web browser you could go even further, but the summary is probably enough. it would look something like the imdb summary page.
i am thinking of writing a pyton script to do this and configure a button for the main screen, however i have never worked with python b4, but am a keen vbscripter. if i get time (a big if) i will look into it however another topic has suggested rss2.py, i have not got this yest but was thinking of adapting the original rss.py script.
this is a fantastic idea, imagine clicking on my news on the main screen.
you could have a couple of main headlines and below that a bunch of sub categories for example sports news, entertainment news, current affairs, financial news etc.
this would be one of the coolest features since my weather, in fact why not bundle my weather in with the sub categories and replace it my weather with my news on the main screen.

gotta bumb this bad boy up. someone please implement this feature.
bumping it up isn't going to magically put the feature into the rfe list on sourceforge, you know.
Lightbulb 
Is there a way to add a menu on the home screen that says for example news and then you could select a feed like on mythtv

or something similar
Press THANK USER if I Help
Sorry, a "News" section like that is currently not available in XBMC, so moving into the existing feature suggestion topic thread for this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My News, My Sports, etc. - a "News" menu for a seperate RSS Feeds section in XBMC?1