Req Fast-forwarding in-progress recordings beyond available content
I am currently using Jarvis Release Candidate 3 with the tvheadend pvr add-on, and am extremely impressed with the various improvements that have been made in the PVR area.

However, I do have a couple of suggestions to improve the user experience when watching an in-progress recording.

* Firstly, if you are watching a Live Recording and fast-forward beyond the available content then the program just stops playing and you are returned to the menu/tv guide depending where you came from. For example, if the program starts at 20:00 and you start watching it at 20:05 so you are 5 minutes behind. I often do this so that I can fast-forward though the adverts :-) However, if you fast-forward and get back to "real-time" live TV then the program stops and you then have to go back through the TV guide to find the program and resume watching it Live (at which time the adverts may have finished).

On other dedicated PVR boxes I've used, they cope with this a little smoother. Such that if you fast-forward an in-progress recording right upto the current time then it simply resumes the live broadcast rather than throwing you back to the menu

* Linked to the suggestion above - as you fast-forward through an in-progress recording the total time of the available content does not update itself as the file grows. So If a program started at 21:00 and you start watching it at 21:20 - then the progress bar will initially show 00:00:00 of 00:20:00. As you reach the adverts 15 minutes in, then it will show 00:15:00 of 00:20:00 although at this point its actually recorded 35 minutes, so it should actually show 00:15:00 of 00:35:00. On other dedicated PVR boxes it will update the overall time of the recording as it progresses so you know how close to "real-time" you are.
Yes, this is really needed and is a long-standing request: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=139793

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast-forwarding in-progress recordings beyond available content0