context menu in Windows
Hello.
I understand that this might not be the most usual way of using Kodi, but I try nevertheless. When I try to use Kodi (brand new 16.0 release) with right click > open with... in Windows 8.1, I get limited response. Kodi does not seem to accept a cue file (it opens but starts no music); and if I run it on a multi-track FLAC file it starts, but missed the multi-track information (the embedded cue sheet).
All this works fine when I run Kodi and then, from within it, I access those files. Is it impossible to have it also from explorer windows and context menu?

Thanks
Thats not what kodi is for try MPC-HC
Some of that is supported, but I don't know the details.
(2016-02-22, 04:54)Derek Wrote: Thats not what kodi is for try MPC-HC

I know well MPC-HC, VLC and most of available media players. I am trying Kodi because it seems to have promising capabilities, so that it could be my main player in a near future. This feature would have been good for me, but it seems that I have to stick with the main flow, opening Kodi and then browsing from there.
I am finding other issues with audio files, but will mention in a different thread.
Thanks
Why not use Kodi as designed it does a hell of a job mate
(2016-02-22, 14:06)Derek Wrote: Why not use Kodi as designed it does a hell of a job mate

I'll try for sure. I am used to another way of running player, basically from explorer window. But I'll try Kodi the way it is meant for.
I have some doubts about audio but I surely need more insight. I have to check if it supports DSD files. And I have some doubts on the way it supports cue files. It will be matter for a separate thread, I guess.
Thanks
I do beleive it supports both

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
context menu in Windows0