Option the have thumbnail apply to all files in a directory
With the recent addition of the TV episode support in XBMC i have come across something that i believe is missing from XBMC. Currently all my eppisodes are stored on a central server with the following structure.

--<Series 1>
---Folder.jpg
---<Season 1>
-----Folder.jpg
-----Episode 1.avi
-----Episode 2.avi

I use the scrapers to find the deltails for my movies and episodes but like use the folder.jpg files in my episode directories for my thumbnails. The limitation i have here is that i cant get the folder.jpg to apply to the individual episodes only the folders.

Currently the only way i can achieve this is having a single thumbnail for each file, and this is way too messy espically when 99% of the time all the thubnails for the tv episodes in a single season is going to be the same.

--<Series 1>
---Folder.jpg
---<Season 1>
-----Folder.jpg
-----Episode 1.avi
-----Episode 1.jpg
-----Episode 2.avi
-----Episode 2.jpg

Ive read in a couple of other posts reasons for not having the folder.jpg apply to files within a folder but what i am suggesting is the add a new option to have say a files.jpg and have that used as the thumbnail for all files within a single directory.

--<Series 1>
---Folder.jpg
---<Season 1>
-----Folder.jpg
-----Files.jpg
-----Episode 1.avi
-----Episode 2.avi

Are there any reasons why this would not work, or is there an easier way that i am missing?
episodes have episode thumbs, series have serie thumbs. that's the way it is, and, if left up to me, that's the way it will stay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option the have thumbnail apply to all files in a directory0