• 26(current)
XBMC Linux port questions and answers...
Gamester17 Wrote:Win32 from the trunk is never insteded to become a full working version of XBMC for one thing, (you can read more about that here), plus the trunk is only designed for Win32 while the Linuxbranch is specificly designed to run on Linux which has many similarities to UNIX and should thus be easier to port to Mac OS X which is more UNIX like than Win32 like. The Linux branch of XBMC also have active developers on both the Linux side and the Win32 side, the trunk on the other side only have active developers on the Xbox side (and not the Win32 side, again because the Win32 build from the trunk is never intented to become a full working version of XBMC).

Ok, i understand it: it was a "little hack" for skinners than a real port as XBMC4Linux. I understood that it was retaken, but i see that not, that the Win32 will be done from Linux port. Ok, this was my question, if XBMC4Win32 was an active project or it was a XBMC4Linux colaterall project.

Ok: XBMC4Linux, no more. Thanks!!! Big Grin

Gamester17 Wrote:FYI; elan has already started a new topic in the Linux development forum (for programmers only), see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30074

Yeah, he push me out Rolleyes In any case it seems he has problems, i'll try to help him Smile
One thing I like about XBMC (Xbox Version) is the ability to completely shutdown the system with just one press of a button. It's especially convenient when laying in bed at night and not be forced to get up and press buttons.

I don't know what would be the best way to implement it. First I was thinking about binding a button on the remote via Lirc and irexec to execute the shutdown -h now command but I would be a bummer if you accidentally pressed the button.

Another way would be to add a Shutdown Computer button next to the regular shutdown/System Info/Restart buttons in XBMC and have it execute a shutdown -h now command (or similar). Then add the necessary permissions to the user in order to use the shutdown command.

Any thoughts about this or a better way to implement this?
ekurin Wrote:One thing I like about XBMC (Xbox Version) is the ability to completely shutdown the system with just one press of a button. It's especially convenient when laying in bed at night and not be forced to get up and press buttons.

I don't know what would be the best way to implement it. First I was thinking about binding a button on the remote via Lirc and irexec to execute the shutdown -h now command but I would be a bummer if you accidentally pressed the button.

Another way would be to add a Shutdown Computer button next to the regular shutdown/System Info/Restart buttons in XBMC and have it execute a shutdown -h now command (or similar). Then add the necessary permissions to the user in order to use the shutdown command.

Any thoughts about this or a better way to implement this?
Please start a new topic thread.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry about that, I meant to start a new thread but was afraid the post would be interpreted as a feature request when it's merely a discussion. New thread posted (just hope it was in the appropriate forum)
so i built the aopen 965 dr. nice box. have it set up to dualboot ubuntu and vista.

i went here and followed the instructions for downloading and compiling xbmc
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ource_code

i compiled with 3d gpu support since the aopen box has the gma3000 chipset.

fired it up and got a transparent window. the frame said xbmc but the content was the underlying desktop. the window was frozen and i could not close it. going to task manager showed that xbmc was sleeping. trying to quit would not work- a hard rash.

during the compile, i noticed a lot of messages flying by that had warnings, etc. but i figure for an alpha version that's bound to happen. any idea what i did wrong? ubuntu runs fine and the cd i installed from checks out fine.
bwanaaa Wrote:any idea what i did wrong? ubuntu runs fine and the cd i installed from checks out fine.

Ubuntu Feisty or Gutsy ? it matters, and you should always use the README.linux that is in the SVN. It has detailed instructions and you should follow them carefully
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Exclamation 
Locking this thread now as no one reads through the whole thread anymore and it keeps getting off-topic all the time. From now on please start new topic threads, one per subject, but search first if an existing topic thread on the same subject already exist.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Linux port questions and answers...7