[split] New plugin "iPlayer WWW"
Yup - using kodi v16 from the play store via the nexus. The video plays fine for the first 8 seconds or so then stops. It does not freeze the add-on or kodi its as if the video ends.
(2016-02-24, 16:02)CaptainT Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 14:01)primaeval Wrote: @bry- Someone using the same chip as the Nexus Player (Z3560) says "My unit failed to run BBC iPlayer Radio entirely so it definitely did not run standard Android apps." http://www.amazon.co.uk/does-it-run-bbc-...ort=oldest

That might be misleading. The Atom Z3560 should be powerful enough to play most streams, if not all. There has got to be some other issue.

I am using an Atom CPU on a netbook and it can't handle the iplayer streams. The RPI and most Android CPUs can handle the streams because they have dedicated hardware to do the decoding even though their CPUs can't do it on their own. Google may not have paid for the hardware decoding license on the Nexus Player because they didn't intend to play Apple developed HLS streams.
(2016-02-24, 16:48)bry- Wrote: Yup - using kodi v16 from the play store via the nexus. The video plays fine for the first 8 seconds or so then stops. It does not freeze the add-on or kodi its as if the video ends.

8 seconds is about the length of one .ts chunk from the .m3u8 playlist that the iplayer stream loads. Maybe there is a problem in the ffmpeg library for the Nexus Player. A Kodi debug log could show where the problem is.
Anybody else having probs with bbc 1 and bbc news?
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
@bry- I think this split is causing confusion. Could you join it or rename it so people don't end up here instead of the main thread. Thanks.
@smallclone The BBC have stopped the HD streams. There is some info in the main iplayerwww thread.
Thanks bud
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Great plug-in but I am having one serious issue I hope you guys can help resolve.

On the red button and highlights channels I'm getting terrible picture break up and audio loss that lasts for about 30 seconds, sometimes longer. It's rare in the mornings but at night it's every few minutes. It's not my line as I'm monitoring my bandwidth which is fine and there is no buffering. Happens on both my android box and PC running Kodi 16.1

Anybody else have this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
(2016-08-13, 22:31)Alansa Wrote: Great plug-in but I am having one serious issue I hope you guys can help resolve.

On the red button and highlights channels I'm getting terrible picture break up and audio loss that lasts for about 30 seconds, sometimes longer. It's rare in the mornings but at night it's every few minutes. It's not my line as I'm monitoring my bandwidth which is fine and there is no buffering. Happens on both my android box and PC running Kodi 16.1

Anybody else have this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The main thread for iplayerwww is here, this is just an off topic thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239378

Try dropping the Live Bitrate down in the Settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] New plugin "iPlayer WWW"0