Hifiberry patch
It's quite simple: OE and OSMC developers have integrated the patch into their builds which is not the case with the offical Kodi builds in the raspbian repositories. That's why OSMC and OE are working out of the box with the Digi+. I recently heard that obvoiously the developers of OE have split up and there is now another option called LibreElec (https://libreelec.tv/). But I have no idea if this one is also working with the Digi+ and how active both builds (OE and LibreElec) now will be developed.
(2016-03-23, 06:08)greenbag Wrote: I sat and watched it download and build... it works now. Smile

Great news! So just to be sure: If I use the buildroot method, do I get a Kodi build in the build directory which I can then install in my real raspbian evironment?
Yes, i expected something like that. So OE and OSMC include the patch for Digi+ that is why they are working.

I stumbled across a different thread also with some issues related to OE and Digi+ w/ passthrough, and I don't get why it was not working for the OP. Perhaps it was hw/device related problem? Here is the thread: Link

Maybe @popcornmix can help us to clarify these:

- sync playback to display must be disabled for passthrough with mmal to work?
- does Digi+ works with PVR, live content too?

I really must be sure if OE works perfectly fine with Digi+ before ordering my Digi+, however Fredouye already confirmed it is working. Although, he did not mentioned the details if he is using passthrough, PVR, etc.

I read also about the split in the OE team. We will se how this situation turns out, and still need to see what does actually LibreElec brings for us.
(2016-03-23, 10:04)gurabli Wrote: - sync playback to display must be disabled for passthrough with mmal to work?
That is a requirement of VideoPlayer used in Krypton. They have dropped the slightly hacky drop/dupe scheme that dvdplayer/Jarvis supported.
On Pi we have added an "adjust PLL" mode which does allow "sync playback to display" to work with passthough and MMAL.
(Adjusting the PLL allow fine grained audio/video sync to be achieved).

Quote:- does Digi+ works with PVR, live content too?
Yes
Many thanks popcornmix, this indeed clears things up.

So basically the Digi+ is working perfectly without any know limitations on OE 6.X, 7. beta, and Krypton. And nice to hear it is working for live content too!

From my understanding the best settings then for Pi2 with Digi+ is:

MMAL
Audio Passthrough enabled, DD and DTS capable receiver enabled
Adjust Display Refresh Rate: On/Off on start/stop (on Intel if passthrough is enabled, this is disabled, but AFAIK it works together on Pi and should be ON)
Sync Playback to Display: On, mode: adjust PPL
@greenbag: After hours of compiling and downloading I get also an error with the buildroot method:

Code:
make: *** [/opt/xbmc-bcm/buildroot/output/build/linux-719 3cf e22 b63 ae9 2d1 f7e 955 c22 76a dbd afd 28e 0/.stamp_built] Fehler 2

I cannot post the correct error as the editor always inserted a strange hyperlink.So I added blanks into the long string after "linux-".

This happend during "make" after the "make rbp_defconfig" command which finished fine. Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong`?
@greenbag: ... and the next error. I decided to ignore the error during buildroot building and started with cloning xbmc. Everything worked fine:

Code:
sh tools/rbp/setup-sdk.sh
make -C tools/rbp/depends/xbmc

But during "make" another error occured:

Code:
CPP     xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayerVideo.o
In file included from /opt/xbmc-bcm/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/opt/vc/include/bcm_host.h:50:0,
                 from /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/linux/DllBCM.h:34,
                 from /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/windowing/egl/WinEGLPlatformRaspberryPI.h:31,
                 from /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/windowing/egl/WinEGLPlatform.h:28,
                 from /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/windowing/egl/WinSystemGLES.h:29,
                 from /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/windowing/WindowingFactory.h:40,
                 from DVDPlayerVideo.cpp:24:
/opt/xbmc-bcm/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/vcgencmd.h:33:27: fatal error: vchost_config.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [DVDPlayerVideo.o] Fehler 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a] Fehler 2

It's frustrating. Do you habe a hint where I could have made a mistakeHuh
Answering my own questions:
Managed to solve the issue with /opt/xbmc-bcm/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/vcgencmd.h: Just edit the file and enter the correct path for vchost_config.h which ist linux/vchost_config.h

But then comes the next error:
Code:
CPP     xbmc/filesystem/NFSDirectory.o
NFSDirectory.cpp: In member function 'bool XFILE::CNFSDirectory::ResolveSymlink(const CStdString&, nfsdirent*, CURL&)':
NFSDirectory.cpp:115:21: error: 'PATH_MAX' was not declared in this scope
NFSDirectory.cpp:125:98: error: 'resolvedLink' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [NFSDirectory.o] Fehler 1
make: *** [xbmc/filesystem/filesystem.a] Fehler 2

So frustrating. Ideas always welcome....
OK, error solved as well:
Added
Code:
#include <limits.h>
#include <nfsc/libnfs-zdr.h>
to NFSDirectory.cpp and
Code:
#include <nfsc/libnfs-zdr.h>
to NFSFile.cpp.

And yes, you are right, the next error occurs:
Code:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::InitialiseFeature(PERIPHERALS::PeripheralFeature)':
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:186:46: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, const cec_log_message&) {aka int (*)(void*, const CEC::cec_log_message&)}' to 'CEC::CBCecLogMessageType {aka int (*)(void*, CEC::cec_log_message)}' [-fpermissive]
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:187:46: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, const cec_keypress&) {aka int (*)(void*, const CEC::cec_keypress&)}' to 'CEC::CBCecKeyPressType {aka int (*)(void*, CEC::cec_keypress)}' [-fpermissive]
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:188:46: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, const cec_command&) {aka int (*)(void*, const CEC::cec_command&)}' to 'CEC::CBCecCommandType {aka int (*)(void*, CEC::cec_command)}' [-fpermissive]
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:189:46: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, const libcec_configuration&) {aka int (*)(void*, const CEC::libcec_configuration&)}' to 'CEC::CBCecConfigurationChangedType {aka int (*)(void*, CEC::libcec_configuration)}' [-fpermissive]
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:190:46: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, CEC::libcec_alert, const libcec_parameter&) {aka int (*)(void*, CEC::libcec_alert, const CEC::libcec_parameter&)}' to 'CEC::CBCecAlertType {aka int (*)(void*, CEC::libcec_alert, CEC::libcec_parameter)}' [-fpermissive]
make[1]: *** [PeripheralCecAdapter.o] Fehler 1
make: *** [xbmc/peripherals/devices/peripheral-devices.a] Fehler 2
OK, I give up. As I found no real solution for the last error, I disabled libcec in the makefile. Nevertheless I got another error, and now I am fed up:
Code:
In file included from SDL_anigif.cpp:23:0:
SDL_anigif.h:24:21: fatal error: SDL/SDL.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
#include <SDL/SDL.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
XBMCTex.cpp:34:21: fatal error: SDL/SDL.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
#include <SDL/SDL.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [TexturePacker] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis »/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-rbp/tools/TexturePacker« wird verlassen
make: *** [tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker] Fehler 2

I really do not understand how other people are obviously able to compile kodi ...
(2016-03-23, 19:18)rucksman Wrote: @greenbag: After hours of compiling and downloading I get also an error with the buildroot method:

I think everyone uses the "unified builds" method: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...errypi#L19
The info in the buildroot section hasn't been updated for a long long time.
@popcornmix: This is what I did in the first place but got the error described in post #8:
Quote:Update: I just saw that the step "make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc" was not finisehd correctly. I got the errot:
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
make: *** [../../../..//libkodi.so] Fehler 1
I tried again building Kodi like @popcornmix suggested, but the error occurs again. Here are the last few line before the error:
Code:
checking for ALSA... yes
checking for DBUS... no
configure: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
checking for libass soname... libass.so.5
checking for main in -lmicrohttpd... yes
checking for ALSA... yes
checking for PULSE... no
== PulseAudio support disabled. ==
checking for main in -lavahi-common... no
== Could not find libavahi-common or libavahi-client. Avahi support disabled. ==
checking for embedded_mDNSInit in -lmDNSEmbedded... no
configure: == Could not find mDNSEmbedded. Might prevent zeroconf support. ==
configure: == X11 enabled. ==
checking for X11... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
make: *** [../../../..//libkodi.so] Fehler 1

What is the real problem that prevents Kodi from building? Is it really X11? Or already DBUS? Or PULSE? Or mDNSEmbedded?
Post config.log to a pastbin type site.
I (think I) finally made it. I bypassed the error by inserting the CONFIG_EXTRA directly into the Makefile in tools/depends/target/xbmc/. "make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc" finished without any error, and also "make" finished with "Kodi built successfully". My only problem now is: What do I have to do to transfer my own Kodi build from my (virtual) Linux machine (running Ubuntu 14.04) to my raspberry 2 running raspbian jessieHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hifiberry patch0