Customising how XBMC selects a video file?
q = your xbmc home dir = the dir where the xbmc xbe is run from.

nothing more to it.
spiff Wrote:q = your xbmc home dir = the dir where the xbmc xbe is run from.

nothing more to it.

I thought this was the case, but where I get confused is this.

There is also another full copy of XBMC in the "/E/Applications/XBMC/" area. What is it's purpose? OR..why are there two copies of XBMC on the box? Or, why have a "Q" when you can just access it from "/E/Apps

"Q" appears to be a dir, but I can't rename it. What tells XBMC to go to "Q" instead of "E/Apps" - especially as the bios is programmed to tell it to go to "E/Apps"

I can't find any info about this in the Wiki - or online. Just trying to understand this a little better.

I did manage to get the newest version loaded. It all went as I expected - but again my confusion came from the fact of having two separate versions of XBMC on the machine (Where did I load the new version to?) I ended up overwriting both versions with a clean install - only way I could get the new version to work properly.

As always, answers are greatly appreciated.

Thx again.
/E/Applications/XBMC
is identicalin every way to /Q

By having it mapped this way, a reference like Q:\UserData\ will always work regardless of setup, and we don't have to worry about where XBMC was installed.

Let's say you have two versions installed:

E:\Apps\xbmc2.0.1
E:\Apps\xbmc20070507

If you launch E:\Apps\xbmc2.0.1\default.xbe,
Q:\ becomes E:\Apps\xbmc\

If you launch E:\Apps\xbmc20070507\default.xbe,
Q:\ becomes E:\Apps\xbmc20070507\

Hope this clarifies. I realize now that we are way off topic so I'm gonna stop typing Big Grin
SandmanCL Wrote:/E/Applications/XBMC
is identicalin every way to /Q

By having it mapped this way, a reference like Q:\UserData\ will always work regardless of setup, and we don't have to worry about where XBMC was installed.

Let's say you have two versions installed:

E:\Apps\xbmc2.0.1
E:\Apps\xbmc20070507

If you launch E:\Apps\xbmc2.0.1\default.xbe,
Q:\ becomes E:\Apps\xbmc\

If you launch E:\Apps\xbmc20070507\default.xbe,
Q:\ becomes E:\Apps\xbmc20070507\

Hope this clarifies. I realize now that we are way off topic so I'm gonna stop typing Big Grin

Thx for that. That makes so much more sense. Yeah...I realised it was a lot off topic, and I was going to start another thread regarding this, but I kept getting answers here so it made sense to continue here Smile

I can finally see the sense of it. Being somewhat long-in-the-tooth, it takes a while to wake up Rolleyes

Really do appreciate the help. Regards - Kiwikid

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customising how XBMC selects a video file?0