Req BD (m2ts) - read metadata icons
Hello,

I'd like to request a new feature, for Kodi to read/scan metadata from BD movies in m2ts format.

Currently, it can read for .mkv and other containers and they appear in the movie information page as icons (DTS, 1080, etc), but not for BD movies.

My file structure is like this: Moviename/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts

Thank you!
NVIDIA Shield 2015 -> HDMI -> ONKYO TX-NR609 -> HDMI -> SONY Bravia (9 years old now...)

ONKYO -> lots of cables -> BOSE
Feature already present
hmmm, I'm using Kodi v16 on an NVIDIA Shield (android tv).

could this be a bug? because none of my BD movies have metadata icons, but my mkv ones are fine.

I'd appreciate some help please.
NVIDIA Shield 2015 -> HDMI -> ONKYO TX-NR609 -> HDMI -> SONY Bravia (9 years old now...)

Possible? On the windows version it comes up.
AFAIK it's a bit tricky on full bluray backups, but at least the second you played the m2ts you should also see the metadata
Why is it tricky? They are mostly just regular m2ts files, but within a directory structure (BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts) the rest of the files can be ignored.

But I don't know what kind of library Kodi uses to read metadata, but from my old days with popcornhour, the popcornhour used "mediainfo" which could extract metadata without a problem.

(2016-02-28, 14:36)da-anda Wrote: AFAIK it's a bit tricky on full bluray backups, but at least the second you played the m2ts you should also see the metadata

It should update as soon as you've played something.

It's tricky to do automatically as the main movie may have different properties from the extras on the disc, for example so of the extras maybe only SD resolution or only stereo audio, and it's not always possible to guess which playlist on disc is the correct one, for example the longest one may actually be the movie with commentary audio.
I'll go check to see if already played movies have these metadata icons.

Maybe we can keep this feature request, in case a developer would be interested to improve the scanning procedure?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD (m2ts) - read metadata icons0