Kodi linux idea
Sad 
I would like to request that the kodi linux be made more user friendly in a few ways.

I have some old pcs with fairly decent specs I'd like to repurpose and maybe give to family members but I can't use the iso because it is 64 bits only.

Also beyond that I think I read in f.a.q. that the iso is an old version of kodi and can't be updated without doing some low level linix stuff.

So what I'm saying is it looks like the linux kodi has a steeper learning curve for someone like me.

B.t.w. the machines I'm talking about have xp so I can't use the windows version without upgrading them which would be a lot of work and a big expense just to launch the kodi.

Kodi won't save the planet but I think there must be many such pcs out there could repurpose rather than junking them.

I gave up for now but I hope you will consider this ideas for future versions.
Why not install OpenELEC?
There is a 32bit ubuntu
Thread moved to feature requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-01, 05:41)natethomas Wrote: Why not install OpenELEC?

Perhaps because there is no Jarvis version since the release schedule lags a long time behind ours.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi linux idea0