Field Order problems - OMX Player
Sad 
I am currently trying to play an rtmp 576i stream from my Pi with omxplayer which is being encoded locally using a Wowsa server.

The video has a moving ticker along the bottom of the screen making the field order playback very noticeable. I can not, no matter what options I use get this to playback smoothly (or when I do its random and the same command repeated will not produce the same results)

It is playing out to a Panasonic TV that will support 576i, 720p, and 1080i but need it to work reliably no mater what monitor its playing to.

The command i'm currently using is "omxplayer --deinterlace -r -o local rtmp://path/to/file"

Has anyone got any suggestions for what I could do to make this work?
(2016-03-01, 15:15)EdLancaster Wrote: I am currently trying to play an rtmp 576i stream from my Pi with omxplayer which is being encoded locally using a Wowsa server.

The video has a moving ticker along the bottom of the screen making the field order playback very noticeable. I can not, no matter what options I use get this to playback smoothly (or when I do its random and the same command repeated will not produce the same results)

It is playing out to a Panasonic TV that will support 576i, 720p, and 1080i but need it to work reliably no mater what monitor its playing to.

The command i'm currently using is "omxplayer --deinterlace -r -o local rtmp://path/to/file"

Has anyone got any suggestions for what I could do to make this work?

Have you posted over on the Raspberry Pi forums? That may also be a good place to ask.

In Kodi Openelec builds I have no problems with 576i and 1080i UK Freeview and Freeview HD stuff, nor Freesat / Freesat HD, on a Pi 2 - with a small amount of overclock (1080i MMAL Advanced needs it on a Pi 2, on a Pi you'll be stuck with MMAL Bob for 1080i I guess?). There was a slightly bug in the MMAL Advanced deinterlace a year or more ago - but this was fixed a while back.
Thanks for the quick reply...

Good idea! I'll do that now.

Ive put the rtmp stream into a .strm file and played that back within OpenELEC but still having the same problems again, tried all the different deinterlacing methods and its not changing the field order problem at all.
This what the scrolling text ends up looking like...

http://imgur.com/zrnpgtH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Field Order problems - OMX Player0