Linux No rip option
I am setting up KODI as mediacenter. I installed Linux Mint and KODI 16. I configured the system to automatically Rip my CD's and configured a place to store the files and choose LAME MP3 for encoding.

However, I can't find an option to Rip when I right click my CD in File Manager (only Play and Eject) neither does it automatically Rip the CD. Where can I find this option? Or where can I find what I maybe configured wrongly?

Hope someone can help!
in the media window, not the file manager.
I tried every option in the media window, but couldn't find the rip option. Confused
Should it be in the Music - Library - Files - right mouse click on CD options?
Also in the main menu (music - video - play disk - etc.) I don't see the rip option.
yes, that's where it should be. what kind of session do you run kodi in? in particular, is udisks started?
I installed default Mint installation with one user. I start the Kodi through the start menu and the Sound & Video menu,
Playing the cd is no problem.

Should I run the Kodi program somehow as administrator or with different rights?
if you can play, it's not the problem. smells like a regression. i don't have a optical drive in any of my puters these days so i cannot check if i can reproduce.
Good news is that automatic ripping is working now. I changed the encoder from LAME to AAC and now when the device is inserted it starts ripping.

However I still don't see the rip option. Maybe someone can send me a screenpicture where the option should be?

Thanks.
Same menu as where you change the encoder.

Settings -> Audio Library & playback -> Audio CDs -> Audio CD insert action - which gives you a choice of none, play or rip.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for your reply black-eagle. OK, assume this option is set to none or to play, where in the menu can I find an option to rip the CD manually?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No rip option0