PVR output files
Hi everyone,

I have been using KODI for a while now and it is great. I have just started playing around with the PVR feature and it all seems to work fine from my tests so far. I was just wondering if there is a way to play the output file through a different player. I have tried a few different players like Splash and DivX Player but they both say the can't play the file. One actually gives an error message about not recognizing the container. They both have played MP4 format files in the past so I am not sure why it won't play these. When they are recorded through KODI are they made in some way specific to KODI?

Thanks.
The files are streamed from your backend, so it depends upon which backend you are using. In general, the files are MPEG-TS.
Hi,

I see, that makes sense. How would I go about changing the backend format to something that would be readable by other video players?
that's a question for the support channel for your backend. But most backends save exactly what the broadcaster sends.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok great. Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR output files0