• 93(current)
Release MLB.TV®
(2022-05-11, 14:46)tonywagner Wrote:
(2022-05-07, 22:46)thromer Wrote: That plus yet another setting that skips the game selection if favorite team has a game in progress would accomplish what I want: open the plugin, wait a little while, and presto your team's TV broadcast is playing.
 I sort of have this working. On what kind of device are you running Kodi? (PC, Fire Stick, etc.?)
Sorry, late reply. Thanks for the auto-select stream feature, it works great! I'm on LibreElec. I realized for prioritizing a favorite team a simple approach would be to just put the favorite team's game (or games in case of a doubleheader) first. Still some clicks but not as many.

I have it working for me, I created a small pull request: https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin....tv/pull/43
(2022-05-21, 19:52)thromer Wrote: Sorry, late reply. Thanks for the auto-select stream feature, it works great! I'm on LibreElec. I realized for prioritizing a favorite team a simple approach would be to just put the favorite team's game (or games in case of a doubleheader) first. Still some clicks but not as many.

I have it working for me, I created a small pull request: https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin....tv/pull/43

No problem! I actually just pushed my own pull request with the autoplay feature as you requested, so maybe listing the favorite team first is no longer necessary? Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think: https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin....tv/pull/44
I grabbed your changes from github, autoplay works great. Thank you!
I am using rev 2022.8.23+matrix.1 of the add-on which has an option to skip breaks when not watching “Live”, to "skip breaks plus idle time", or "Skip breaks, idle time, and non-action pitches".  Is anyone else finding the “Skip Breaks" option to not be reliable?  What I’m finding is that when you select that it will sometime not only skip commercial breaks but it will also skip some of the idle time within a half-inning, and sometimes it won’t skip over the commercial break.  Is this a known issue?
can someone help? suddenly the add on is not working and it wont open. I get an error message that pops up but I do not understand the log https://paste.kodi.tv/beqeguyuno.kodi
i'm getting the same. both on an android table and pc desktop app. worked fine yesterday.
(2022-09-05, 20:53)JamesRB Wrote: i'm getting the same. both on an android table and pc desktop app. worked fine yesterday.

on further inspection it seems to only give me the error when i tried to load the "todays games" screen. yesterdays games works fine and a game i tested loaded ok.
(2022-09-05, 20:25)brandon12 Wrote: can someone help? suddenly the add on is not working and it wont open. I get an error message that pops up but I do not understand the log https://paste.kodi.tv/beqeguyuno.kodi

The "start time TBD" game today triggered a bug. The fix is in this fork, install the addon ZIP manually within Kodi: https://github.com/tonywagner/plugin.vid.../v2022.9.5
(2022-09-05, 21:01)JamesRB Wrote:
(2022-09-05, 20:53)JamesRB Wrote: i'm getting the same. both on an android table and pc desktop app. worked fine yesterday.

on further inspection it seems to only give me the error when i tried to load the "todays games" screen. yesterdays games works fine and a game i tested loaded ok.
The "start time TBD" game today triggered a bug. The fix is in this fork, install the addon ZIP manually within Kodi: https://github.com/tonywagner/plugin.vid.../v2022.9.5
(2022-09-04, 08:22)hhqjdaasc Wrote: I am using rev 2022.8.23+matrix.1 of the add-on which has an option to skip breaks when not watching “Live”, to "skip breaks plus idle time", or "Skip breaks, idle time, and non-action pitches".  Is anyone else finding the “Skip Breaks" option to not be reliable?  What I’m finding is that when you select that it will sometime not only skip commercial breaks but it will also skip some of the idle time within a half-inning, and sometimes it won’t skip over the commercial break.  Is this a known issue?
If you can point me to an archive game and inning number where this happens, I can look into it.
(2022-09-05, 21:13)tonywagner Wrote:
(2022-09-04, 08:22)hhqjdaasc Wrote: I am using rev 2022.8.23+matrix.1 of the add-on which has an option to skip breaks when not watching “Live”, to "skip breaks plus idle time", or "Skip breaks, idle time, and non-action pitches".  Is anyone else finding the “Skip Breaks" option to not be reliable?  What I’m finding is that when you select that it will sometime not only skip commercial breaks but it will also skip some of the idle time within a half-inning, and sometimes it won’t skip over the commercial break.  Is this a known issue?
If you can point me to an archive game and inning number where this happens, I can look into it.
If might be hard to replicate because it doesn’t seem to be consistent.  One example of where I saw it today was in the top of the 9th inning of the September 8 game between Boston and Tampa Bay.  With one out in the inning and a runner on first there is a botched double play on which the shortstop is injured.  While he is being attended to by the trainers the video jumps forwards to the next batter.  But when I rewind by a couple of minutes and try it again it no longer skips that idle time.
(2022-09-06, 04:20)hhqjdaasc Wrote: If might be hard to replicate because it doesn’t seem to be consistent.  One example of where I saw it today was in the top of the 9th inning of the September 8 game between Boston and Tampa Bay.  With one out in the inning and a runner on first there is a botched double play on which the shortstop is injured.  While he is being attended to by the trainers the video jumps forwards to the next batter.  But when I rewind by a couple of minutes and try it again it no longer skips that idle time.
That's expected -- injury delays are included among the breaks it should skip. From the code:

python:
BREAK_TYPES = ['Game Advisory', 'Pitching Substitution', 'Offensive Substitution', 'Defensive Sub', 'Defensive Switch', 'Runner Placed On Base', 'Injury']

And once a break is skipped, it won't be skipped again (unless you exit the video and restart it). That way, users can rewind to watch something that may have been skipped.

The skips are based on the timestamps in the gameday data feed, which is subject to error. I've noticed a few instances where the last play of an inning wasn't recorded right away, so the commercial break screen played for a while before the auto-skip was triggered.
(2022-09-07, 01:06)tonywagner Wrote:
(2022-09-06, 04:20)hhqjdaasc Wrote: If might be hard to replicate because it doesn’t seem to be consistent.  One example of where I saw it today was in the top of the 9th inning of the September 8 game between Boston and Tampa Bay.  With one out in the inning and a runner on first there is a botched double play on which the shortstop is injured.  While he is being attended to by the trainers the video jumps forwards to the next batter.  But when I rewind by a couple of minutes and try it again it no longer skips that idle time.
That's expected -- injury delays are included among the breaks it should skip. From the code:

python:
BREAK_TYPES = ['Game Advisory', 'Pitching Substitution', 'Offensive Substitution', 'Defensive Sub', 'Defensive Switch', 'Runner Placed On Base', 'Injury']

And once a break is skipped, it won't be skipped again (unless you exit the video and restart it). That way, users can rewind to watch something that may have been skipped.

The skips are based on the timestamps in the gameday data feed, which is subject to error. I've noticed a few instances where the last play of an inning wasn't recorded right away, so the commercial break screen played for a while before the auto-skip was triggered.
Is there a way to make it skip only when they cut away to a commercial?
(2022-09-07, 01:36)hhqjdaasc Wrote: Is there a way to make it skip only when they cut away to a commercial?
Not exactly -- the gameday data feed doesn't specifically reference commercial breaks. So we use inning changes or the aforementioned break types to approximate it.

You could remove the "Injury" break type in the code if you want (it's in the file mlbmonitor.py), but removing any of the others might have unintended consequences. For example, sometimes the "Runner Placed on Base" event (the starting baserunner in extra innings), or a substitution event, is recorded during a commercial break, so if you don't skip those events, you may inadvertently have to watch some of that break time.

The "idle time" skip option takes it a step further -- that will skip the time the batter takes to reset after a foul ball, etc.
The gdfp playlists have the ad break segments from google.com server so you could modify the hls playlist through a proxy to remove them or mark as a chapter point.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2