Verve ("Big Screen" clone/replica) skin in progress
Affini Wrote:Most people with HDTVs run 720p, not 1080i due to problems at that resolution.

I would run it at 720p as well if I could, but my TV only supports 480p and 1080i...
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
I could email what could only be called a pre-alpha to someone if they wanted . It's not very pretty, and I couldn't say you wouldn't get stuck somewhere, but it shouldn't be able to break anything Tongue. All the screens above are present, and it's really only for 4:3 ntsc, maybe pal.
We have a SVN, Chandler could tell you how to get access, and you would only want it if you just like to have buggy software or you're a sadist. Bug reports are unnessecary, as I know what's broken, and am fixing things as I can. I someone really wants it, and just can't wait, msg me, and I'll send it to you. It's about 2.6 megs, and you'll have to throw chokemaniacs texture.xpr in media folder as we still don't have our own icons. But I'll send it if you want it, and if you think I'm taking to long, then ask Chandler for SVN access, and help us out. Smile
I'd absolutely love to test this skin!
MacGyver Wrote:I could email what could only be called a pre-alpha to someone if they wanted . It's not very pretty, and I couldn't say you wouldn't get stuck somewhere, but it shouldn't be able to break anything Tongue. All the screens above are present, and it's really only for 4:3 ntsc, maybe pal.
We have a SVN, Chandler could tell you how to get access, and you would only want it if you just like to have buggy software or you're a sadist. Bug reports are unnessecary, as I know what's broken, and am fixing things as I can. I someone really wants it, and just can't wait, msg me, and I'll send it to you. It's about 2.6 megs, and you'll have to throw chokemaniacs texture.xpr in media folder as we still don't have our own icons. But I'll send it if you want it, and if you think I'm taking to long, then ask Chandler for SVN access, and help us out. Smile

MacGyver is right, we can't release a beta for now and the current Svn is a private working place.

The good news is that i'm thinking to open a Alpha/Beta Public Svn soon Only if the Authors agree, skins and frequence of update will be choosed/discussed with the different Authors (and encrypted if possible :p).

But hey ! What about a concours, we still need icons and a logo for Verve, the winner(s) will have a permanent read/write access to Verve & maybe more on the Private Svn. If MacGyver is ok, we will start the concours Big Grin
Sorry for my...english :blush:
Here's my idea...

I suck at making things in Photoshop.

@edwinmcdunlap

To keep a clear thread you are invited to wait for direction and accord from MacGyver before posting work, the logo must have an approching look and feel of the skin, but it's a good initiative Wink, more information soon.
Sorry for my...english :blush:
Chandler Wrote:@edwinmcdunlap

To keep a clear thread you are invited to wait for direction and accord from MacGyver before posting work, the logo must have an approching look and feel of the skin, but it's a good initiative Wink, more information soon.

Ah, ok.

I just can't wait for this skin, lol.
Ok, sorry for no updates.
I really have no time to finish it.
Understand it is not even beta, I tried to do it myself, but I have no time, perhaps Chandler can post the svn to a public place.
I got a new 42" plasma, and tried to make some of the other resolutions, the 4:3 is mostly complete, the 16:9 is not so much, but it has a "DVD Shelf" view that the 4:3 doesn't have.
It would be nice to see someone merge the views from the 2 together, and run with it.
It's funny this was the first skin to use reflections (though they hadn't been implemented into the skinning engine yet), and then never finished.
I hope someone with better graphic skills then myself can make it look the way it should.
So here you go, let me know what you think, I may try to find time to fix some things if anyone cares enough.

http://www.box.net/shared/gdqrqfqqhu
http://www.box.net/shared/gdqrqfqqhu
Here the files that make up the themes.

Download theme build files
This one should work.
Sorry about the other.
Download Verve
Thanks for the time yoiu've taken anyway MacGyver. I dont want to take the thread over, considering the time you've spent, but I astounded that no-one has mentioned how sexy that theme in the first link is!

I wonder if it would translate?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Verve ("Big Screen" clone/replica) skin in progress0