Updating/re-scraping movies in EMM library
I would like to finally make some sort of order in my movies collection, which is in total chaos at the moment.

First, now I have thousands of movies scattered across a bunch of disks. Pretty much all of them have been scrapped using EMM. The problem is, that only a fraction of all the movies (mostly the latest ones) have been scraped using the current version of EMM. The rest - with various EMM versions, going back years and years ago. What I would like to do is to update/re-scrape all of them with the latest version.

Questions:
1) Does EMM support and recognize old format nfo files (created with old versions of EMM) or does it ignore them? I mean I have tons of movies which still have meta files named as movie.nfo.
2) I'm quite OK with deleting all old format nfo meta files and re-scraping the info for all old movies. Would that be the easiest solution?
3) How does EMM handle old image files? I still have loads of movies with fanart.jpg and poster.jpg, folder.jpg or even movie.tbn named files. Contrary to nfo files, I would very much like to keep the old image files, because all of them were painstakingly hand-picked. I could write a simple script to rename all images from the old to the new file naming format, eg: fanart.jpg -> filename-fanart.jpg and poster.jpg|folder.jpg|movie.tbn -> filename-poster.jpg. Would that be the easiest solution?
4) Maybe there is some other, better/easier way to do this? Once again, I want to re-scrape and update all movie nfos to the current info and file format. But at the same time, I would like to keep all old art images, as they have been manually picked.

Second, I would like to know the best and easiest way to re-scrape and update movie nfos in the future. The difference is, I would like to lock and keep the movie title and original title. I have some movies that have multiple versions, like different cuts, also I use english titles for most of the foreign movies. I would like to keep those.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to re-scrape and update all the info for the movies, but keep the titles and original titles?
2) If so, what is the best/easiest way to do that?
3) I would like to do this on a monthly basis. Is there any way to filter on last updated?
4) When does EMM update the nfo? I mean, actually write all the info to the nfo file?

Thanks in advance for any help.
1) Yes, you can add any file name in Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources => File Names => Expert (tab).
Single = Each movie has an own folder
Multi = all movies in one folder

You have to enable "Stack file names" in Expert settings. Also you have to reload all movies with Tools => Reload all movies to run a scan for new file names.
There is no cleanup function to delete old file names atm. I whould enable the new Kodi default file names also to save all images and NFO in new style. After you have loaded your old files you can use Tools => Rewrite all Movie Content to also save all old files under new file names,

You can lock any data field under Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Scraper-Data => Global Fields.
There is also a "Custom Scraper" in the "Scrape Movie" dropdown menu. You can enable or disbal each data field and image to run a rescrape.

Ember save an NFO each time you do a scrape or edit a media.
Hi,

the feature to block some information (setzen einer Sperre im Deutschen) from update, is a common use for me.
Because of the long time to scrape all information, i scrape the correct title and IMDB Id in a first step. Then i block the Title and set- id and want to scrap all other informations (like Posters, fanart....) in a second step.
But i didnt find the feature to block the ID of the mo e from updating or asking the user for the correct movie if there are more than one. So if I mark all movies, block the title and scrape by custom scraper (scrape all marked) which way is secure, that only the missing items will be scraped....

My question is and i cant find the answer:
How can i scrape my movies without the risk, that a new IMDB ID will be given, bit all other infos can be scraped.

Is there a posibility i didn see.....

Thanks a lot for your support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating/re-scraping movies in EMM library0