choppy isos
Kodi/XBMC used to play my Blu-Ray ISOs just fine on this PC but, somewhere along the line, that all stopped. Playback now is choppy from the start. Ther emight be a minute here or there which plays smoothly but then everything gets choppy again.

I've searched this forum quite a bit and tried the whole thing where I change SYSTEM => VIDEO (advanced). I tried hardware acceleration and sync refresh rate and all that but nothing gets better. I tried the solution involving advancedsettings.xml but that didn't help things either.

Perhaps this should serve as a clue. When things get choppy, I am noticing one of the "rewind" buttons is lighting up constantly.
Is it possible you have a joypad connected, a lot people have had problems of joypads making trouble in the background.
If no joypad(stick) post a debug log (wiki) please
I do have a wireless keyboard (doesn't everybody?) but that can't be the problem because I can turn it off and still observe the issue.

I executed the instructions for uploading the log file but, I still have not received the log files via email. When I receive that email, how do I reference the log file in this post?
I didnt say keyboard did i? Joystick(Pad)
Well, there is a "joystick/pad" on the wireless keyboard to control the mouse. Still, I think we're both pretty sure that's not the issue.

Attached, please find the debug log. I did notice that when things are going smoothly, the fps is around 24 but, when things get choppy, the fps is all over the place at 18 then 13 then 69, etc...

<<< DEBUG LOG >>>
ok forget my idea sorry

Im out of this i don't expect sarcasm like replies when trying to help
can we focus on the debug log?
Try setting the wasapi audio output instead of directsound.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
wasapi doesn't seem to make things any better ... do I have to restart kodi or something?
So, can anyone help me get this working again? This had always been a wrestling match with XBMC. I would get it all to work for a few months and then, all of a sudden, it would stop working and something else needed to be tweaked. I was hoping Kodi would be more stable but, alas, that is not the case.
Hello out there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choppy isos0