SMB issues on Android Jarvis app
SMB has always worked fine for me in the past.

I have an SMB share set up on Windows 10 server, and connect through various devices.

Recently we upgraded to Kodi 16, and started noticing SMB issues in the Android app only. (I also connect to the SMB share from a Windows 7 client PC running Kodi and don't have any issues with it).

It's very strange because when I 1st start the Android app the problem doesn't immediately appear. I can start watching a movie but when I stop the movie and try to click that same movie a 2nd time it fails to load and I get a message saying the file no longer is available. At that point I get the same result (file no longer available) for all items in my library.

If I force stop the Android Kodi app and restart the app then I'm able to watch a single movie again, but after I stop watching the movie I encounter the same problem again.

Anyone else seeing this sort of behavior since upgrading to Jarvis?
Looked at this a lot today tried a bunch of different things but no progress at all. Any ideas?

When using the Android app "Explorer" I'm able to access the SMB files just fine, SMB only seems to fail when I using Android Kodi.

I'm posting my Kodi log below:

EDIT: Turned on DEBUG logging. I was successfully able to quickly start & stop 2 TV episodes over SMB but the 3rd time I tried to play an episode it failed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33496602/kodi.log
EDIT:

I found another thread that describes the same problem I'm experiencing:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ows+10+smb

It seems that a Windows 10 update broken something and there's no known resolution at this time?
Jarvis doesn't work for me either when accessing a network drive from a Android Shield TV. Nothing to do with windows 10. (I don't have it on any computer and my media is just on an external drive connected to the router via usb 3.0.) Either way, when the shield tv updated to marshmallow, Kodi updated to Jarvis. At that time my SMB library broke. It sees the movies but if I try to play any video it freezes after 5 seconds or so. Strangely, I can still access the SMB through any other program, and Kodi can play everything fine through upnp... just not SMB, which is a real bummer since upnp doesn't have any library functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB issues on Android Jarvis app0