Release Profile Cleaner
This looks good, thank you
Confusion is just a state of mind.
Rocky5, thanks for the tip, I set the main menu visible by default upon installation as you suggested Smile
Have you got this on a repo to auto update yet ?
Thank you very much for this addon, zeppy.
Really a must-have on systems with little storage.
Your version allows for a bit of extra control over whats being cleaned. Great work!
I have to test this addon as soon as I have the time to look into this addon. This sounds perfect for any Raspberry Pi user.

System:    Host: desktopp Kernel: 5.10.8-051008-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6
           Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING v: Rev 1.xx
           serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 3103 date: 06/17/2020
CPU:       6-Core: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X type: MT MCP speed: 3791 MHz min/max: 2200/3800 MHz
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] driver: amdgpu
           v: kernel
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
           resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 590 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.40.0 5.10.8-051008-generic
           LLVM 11.0.1)
           v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.0-devel (git-0747332 2021-01-20 focal-oibaf-ppa)
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 4.57 TiB used: 1.40 TiB (30.7%)

Hi,
I have tested it on my system and it looks like the addon moved some necessary installed addons when i tried the addon cleanup option.
What do you check when you move uninstalled addons and configs?
Hi.
Well, first thing I do is get the list of installed addons. Then, depending on the objects you want to delete (rollback versions, uninstalled packages, uninstalled addon settings) I compare that list to the list of files I find and if there are files outside the list of installed addons (plus potentially other rules - rollback versions being one of them), I move them.

Can you post the log with the operations performed by the cleanup?

Thanks.
Thanks for this great Addon !

very good
(2016-04-13, 20:12)zeppy Wrote: Hi.
Well, first thing I do is get the list of installed addons. Then, depending on the objects you want to delete (rollback versions, uninstalled packages, uninstalled addon settings) I compare that list to the list of files I find and if there are files outside the list of installed addons (plus potentially other rules - rollback versions being one of them), I move them.

Can you post the log with the operations performed by the cleanup?

Thanks.

Actually I didt have logs turned on that time....
I couldent make it happen again and I tried your script on several installations so I guess I made a mistake that time.
Your program is excellent! I wish it could be in a repository so we could get updates
Another thing...
When I ran "Texture Cache Maintenance utility" (http://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Cache_Maintenance_utility) it cleaned even more thumbnails even after your program cleanup... maybe you could consider using that code instead (I usually run it with these flags vclean,P,Xd,R)
Just thought I'd chime in and give a huge thank you to Zeppy for developing this awesome program for Kodi (and m4x1m for Thumbnails Cleaner). I've always been sceptical about using these types of addons but it seems to have worked very well. Big Grin Loving the clean, minimal design yet it's still powerful enough to allow users to control and see what's being purged. I'd recommend considering submitting this to the Kodi repo.

It's managed to trim off 529MB for me, and just over 3GB from a friends trashed up Kodi setup. Both working flawlessly and thumbnails for existing media in the library is maintained.

Thanks once again Wink
Delete all thumbnails - it is not working for me. It make the .bak of Textures database, but with no changes, do not erase Thumbnails, the same size of texture database.
I have two profiles in the Kodi. Profile cleaner always reads data only from the main profile.
Thanks in advance for repair Smile
Addon is running for 12 hours now and is still processing...

At the moment he shows me "Deleting 40635 remaining textures from the database". What does it mean?

Iam sure i have some unused textures, but not 40k! I set the option to "move" and not "delete" but in the specified folder i cant see any files. Whats up there?

btw: Iam using Kodi 15.2 Isengard.

EDIT:

Some mins ago he finished the process. Now he writes:

"Profile Cleaner - Texture Cleanup Complete

40635 field(s) deleted from the texture database.
40762 file(s) moved. 2.7 GB recovered."

Now i can see the moved files in the specified folder (external storage). But there is still not more free space on the internal drive like beforeHuh

Free space before 1.40 GB and after cleanup also 1.40 GB. So i got not more free space. Whats up?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Thats because you chose to move them. Moving them retains the storage size but deleting will free up the space. What i imagine has happened is that the add-on has emulated what storage would be gained if deleted and give you the 2.7gb recovered message but actually is a false report.
You can safely delete all your thumbnails as they will be re-populated again anyway.
Ive not used this in a long time but general-purpose of cleaners is the same.
Just make sure to reboot after the thumbnails deleting so the essential images re-populate.

Moving is pointless IMO

Sent from my PE-TL10
(2016-07-09, 22:31)slymobi Wrote: Thats because you chose to move them. Moving them retains the storage size but deleting will free up the space. What i imagine has happened is that the add-on has emulated what storage would be gained if deleted and give you the 2.7gb recovered message but actually is a false report.
You can safely delete all your thumbnails as they will be re-populated again anyway.
Ive not used this in a long time but general-purpose of cleaners is the same.
Just make sure to reboot after the thumbnails deleting so the essential images re-populate.

Moving is pointless IMO

Thank you for your answer!

I've done it again with option set to "delete" in the settings. And now he removed the unused thumbnails and gave me 2.7gb more space. And this time it took only 4 hours and not about 16 hours.

It seems "move" is the same than "simulate". So you are right, option "move" is useless and should be fixed or removed from the addon! Because its not fun to wait 16 hours and he has done nothing. And in the meantime i was not able to watch my stuff... Very frustrating.

But i still wonder that he removed about 40k thumbnails? Ive got about 1400 movies and 32 tv shows. And i deleted only 3 movies from my database within the last 12 months. Really strange. Big Grin
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2016-07-11, 01:22)OrbS82User Wrote: But i still wonder that he removed about 40k thumbnails? Ive got about 1400 movies and 32 tv shows. And i deleted only 3 movies from my database within the last 12 months. Really strange. Big Grin

Thumbnails are created for almost anything you browse, not just the movies/shows you have.

What strikes me as very odd is that there is no garbage collection implemented in the core of Kodi to take care of this. Think about it, it's just a memory leak.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profile Cleaner2