• 121(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
Is anyone else able to enable 3d mode in spmc and have the menu display correctly and also have their tv switch to the correct 3d mode {sbs, ou etc).

Reason I ask is the only way I can watch 3d movies in spmc at present is to not enable 3d in spmc which means that the menu/osd doesn't display correctly after I enable 3d on my lg 4k tv but at least I can turn on 3d and switch the tv to the correct 3d mode.

If I do enable the 3d option in spmc and start playing a 3d movie, my tv will indicate that it's receiving a 3d signal and says 3d mode is on but it doesn't enable 3d correctly as in I still see 2 identical images & I am unable to bring up the 3d settings on the tv to select sbs or ou etc {those settings have been disabled, I believe because of the automatic 3d signal detection. Oh and the correct 3d mode is selected in the 3d options in spmc.

With the latest kodi 17 beta I can enable 3d mode in the program and I am still able to switch the tv to the correct 3d mode so I can have the menu/osd display correctly during 3d playback.

Sent from my GT-I9505
There is no 3d signal sent to the TV, besides for aml devices.
Note that on my Sony, I'm not able to enter 3d at all if the resolution is 4k.
(2016-09-13, 12:44)Koying Wrote: There is no 3d signal sent to the TV, besides for aml devices.
Note that on my Sony, I'm not able to enter 3d at all if the resolution is 4k.

Cheers for the reply Koying, you gave me an idea there mentioning about the 4k and 3d not working with your tv. Indeed the screen resolution in Android settings on my minix u1 is set to use the maximum available so it was using 4k, I knew that already so i changed that to 1080p 60hz, the yamaha amp I have my box running through is upscaling to 4k anyway.

I put on a 3d movie, also have 3d enabled in spmc and that results in a slightly distorted image, looks just like severe ghosting would look like but it's distorted vertically so I brought up the video settings during playback and to fix the image all I have do is adjust the pixel ratio to 1.05 and that gives a clear 3d image. I think I know why the pixel ratio needs adjusting like that, the image is not centred vertically, there's more black bar at the bottom then there is at the top, only on 3d playback that happens though, it is centred for 2d.

Sent from my GT-I9505
As a new Sony Bravia owner (with Android TV) I am loving SPMC, so so much. Thank you Koying!

Here's a simple request I've been hoping Kodi could implement for years now. (Here too.)

In the file listing view, I just want to see it sorted by date, with the newest files/folders at top. I see no reason why folders should be separated and placed at the top of the list... especially when sorting by date!

Maybe this can finally see the light of day in SPMC?
What do you guys think of the new Github activity view?
I think it's garbage.
Github said they don't plan to change it back or allow you to manually change the layout.
I can't even follow Koying or MrMC's latest comments or commits anymore, everything from the past few days are gone.Sad

Another problem I have with Github is you can't search for commits that have to do with a keyword like on Bitbucket but that is not a Kodi problem, I know Smile
@Koying
Is there any way to get a timer to set the shield to go in standby out of kodi?
Maybe with script?!
In Kodi Windows Version there is such option in Power Menu!
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
(2016-09-15, 06:44)mo123 Wrote: What do you guys think of the new Github activity view?
I think it's garbage.
Github said they don't plan to change it back or allow you to manually change the layout.
I can't even follow Koying or MrMC's latest comments or commits anymore, everything from the past few days are gone.Sad
Agree fully! I've really enjoyed observing the corroboration between Koying and MrMC to making Android a solid Kodi experience over the recent months on Github. Hope this changes because although I know nothing about coding for Kodi it has been great to follow these two working together to keep Kodi/SPMC/MrMC/ relevant to Android and Andriod TV.
I have a TV box with Android 6.0.1, so it supports both DTS and DTS-HD via API. Why if I choose IEC passthrough I can only enable Dolby and DTS, but no DTS-HD option? If I choose RAW passthrough and enable all the audio options no audio at all.
Android api = raw
IEC is only API supported as of 7.0
(2016-09-16, 12:10)Koying Wrote: Android api = raw

Did they remove RAW support completely in 7.0 - I don't think so, right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-16, 12:14)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 12:10)Koying Wrote: Android api = raw

Did they remove RAW support completely in 7.0 - I don't think so, right?

Nope, still there and not deprecated.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Not that I like that - but I understand it ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,
why is it not possible,that SPMC can play HDR Files in the HDR Mode?
The Nvidia Shield TV play that files and my TV switching to HDR Mode but in SPMC it doesnt work!?
Keep only Mediacodec(Surface) for HDR.
So it´s not possible that SPMC can the next time play HDR?
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166