Req Per source audio/subtitle preferences
I'd like to be able to set audio language and subtitle preferences on a per source basis.

My scenario:

My "Series" source has all my western tv shows, so i'd prefer no subtitles and English audio.
My "Anime" source has all my anime, so i'd prefer them to have Japanese audio and English subtitles.
Not a bad idea, I wonder if it makes more sense to have Profiles rather than per-source settings.

That way you could have an "Anime" profile, a "Series" profiles, a "Foreign Movies" profile etc. When setting the content of a folder, another option could be which Subtitle profile to use.

Might even be worth expanding so it stores subtitle color, size and position as part of the profile too.

Main problem would be with files that are not correctly flagged.. in many MKV files the audio or subtitles are not tagged with the right language etc.

A workaround for now: If your collection is MKV files you could set the default audio & subtitle flags on the files, KODI should honor those. There is a program called MKVPropEdit that can set the default language, subtitle etc. in MKV files without having to re-encode or re-mux them.
I think this still works: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153783

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Per source audio/subtitle preferences0